Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by Foofy »

Thanks for entering Flash nice to get a guinea pig entry :-)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
tabithakat64

Post by tabithakat64 »

I'd like to nominate Honnob & Fidget from Rabbit Residence Rescue please.
This pair of rabbits have been with us for over 8 years and no one has offered them a forever home.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for entering this lovely pair from the Rabbit Residence, such a shame that no one has adopted them yet :(
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The PaP team are currently choosing the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/guinea pig of the month for June, so watch this space for more news as soon as the winner has been announced we will be opening up the thread for entries for July.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for June and it is Flash from Marias Animal Shelter see his story below.

Flash wins a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy him and the other rabbits and guinea pigs some goodies.

MariasAnimalShelter wrote:
2v1w3fq.jpg
Flash came into the shelter at the beginning of the year with his brother Kye. Kye was very quiet and did not want to move much, so he was taken to our vets where we were told he had hydronephrosis. Sadly Kye had to be put to sleep.
Another one of our male pairs (Stanley) also died, so we decided to try and bond the 2 remaining guineas, which was a success. Only about two weeks after the bonding did we notice that Flash had lumps on the back of his legs. The vets have diagnosed him with lymphoma. The vets said that this sort of cancer is extremely rare in guinea pigs. Flash now has to have steroids for the remainder of his life. I hope he will continue to be with us for a long time. The vets could not give an estimate time, as they said it varies on every individual. :(
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

Thank you very much for choosing Flash. Bless him, we had to have him put to sleep a couple of weeks ago as he rapidly went downhill. I am so pleased that we were able to give him a few weeks of love before he passed.Xx
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

MariasAnimalShelter wrote:Thank you very much for choosing Flash. Bless him, we had to have him put to sleep a couple of weeks ago as he rapidly went downhill. I am so pleased that we were able to give him a few weeks of love before he passed.Xx
I'm so sorry to hear about Flash :( but as you say it's good he had a lot of love in his final few weeks xx I'm sure the other bunnies and piggies will enjoy their treats in Flash's memory xx
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for June - Flash from Marias Animal Shelter, we are now opening up this thread for entries for the July Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our 21 Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 30th June to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the 21 Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of July and will win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy greens, herbs, supplies etc for the winner and the other animals at their Rescue :)

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
tabithakat64

Post by tabithakat64 »

I'd like to nominate Scully. She's spent her whole life (6 years) in rescue along with her brother Mulder.
They currently live in a rabbitopia which they both live as they're small agile rabbits who appreciate a lot of enrichment, they also live fresh grass and forage as a special treat along with parsley.
Although shy with people they don't know both are happy to be hand fed and receive head strokes but they do run and hide from strangers which means they get overlooked :(
Scully is such a pretty and sweet girl and builds a strong bond with the people she trusts, she enjoys a nose rub
They are great rabbits who've perfected begging for treats and are amazing fun to watch.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thanks for entering Mulder & Scully such a shame they're still in Rescue after all this time just because they're shy xx

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk