Alphabet Game

Free to enter competitions and games
RabbitResidenceEllen

Re: Alphabet Game

Post by RabbitResidenceEllen »

K is for Kittens

In modern times, a baby rabbit is called a kit or kitten. Centuries ago, the species were "coneys" and the young were "rabbits".
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

L is for Lagomorph

rabbits are members of the taxonomic order Lagomorph which includes Leporidae (hares and rabbits).

L is also for Language- rabbits do communicate with one another so it's best to have two rabbits so that they can communicate in the same language.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
RabbitResidenceEllen

M is for Malocclusion

Malocclusion is misalignment in the teeth and is one of the most common afflictions of rabbits :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Can anyone think of anything for N ?

Nibbles is all I could think of.. rabbits like to nibble......

anyone got anything better?
RabbitResidenceEllen

Nose? lol

I guess I'm going to have to go with Ophthalmic!

Ophthalmic is relating to the eye. A study in the 1970s concluded that rabbits have limited colour vision- while humans can detect "red" "green" and "blue" areas of the colour spectrum (from which we get combinations of colours), it is believed that rabbits can tell the difference between "blue" and "green".
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

RabbitResidenceEllen wrote:Nose? lol

Ophthalmic is relating to the eye. A study in the 1970s concluded that rabbits have limited colour vision- while humans can detect "red" "green" and "blue" areas of the colour spectrum (from which we get combinations of colours), it is believed that rabbits can tell the difference between "blue" and "green".
I would imagine that they are able to tell blue from green, as they would need to be able to see the difference between certain plants and berries which might look similar in shape but different in colour.
I think they have the same colour vision as us (including red).
RabbitResidenceEllen

sdf76 wrote:
RabbitResidenceEllen wrote:Nose? lol

I would imagine that they are able to tell blue from green, as they would need to be able to see the difference between certain plants and berries which might look similar in shape but different in colour.
I think they have the same colour vision as us (including red).
I just tried to think of something beginning with O and then googled it for some kind of related fact lol. According to two different sites (one usually considered to be quite reputable), rabbits lack the receptors necessary for red spectrum vision.