Parsley

Furry friends that have passed.
Hunnybunny2007

Parsley

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

My beautiful agouti boy passed away yesterday =((

Parsley came to me when he was about 3 months old :) A young girl had been allowed to keep rabbits and they had not been neutered, they free ranged in a barn and wild rabbits were also gaining access to the does :(

When he first arrived, he was covered in bites where other rabbits had been nipping him :(

Growing up

Parsley was a beautiful boy with such a gentle nature he was with Poppy for most of his 8 years, but last year he kept going through bouts of stassis, then recover for a couple of weeks then be poorly again :( He had meds and the vet thought it could be arthritis as he was starting to struggle getting in and out of the deep litter tray, so we swapped it for a low one , but he was still struggling and he came indoors permanently from about September, he lived in the living room and free ranged with Twinkle and Dolly, he loved the companionship and he would often happy flop and it was such a pleasure to see them all living together :)
He did seem to improve with being indoors and in the warmth :)
With Poppy

At Christmas

With Twinkle

He started struggling again this week and I could see he had got frail but didn't expect him to deteriorate so quickly, when I got home yesterday he was eating fresh veg, but within a short while he looked like he'd had a stroke. and he died with me stroking him and telling him it was okay to leave us =((

Parsley it was a pleasure loving you and caring for you for so long, binky free my beautiful gentle boy :x

Parsley is the bunny on our Facebook page :)
sdf76

Re: Parsley

Post by sdf76 »

I'm so sorry to hear the gorgeous Parsley has passed away :( 8 years is a good age particularly for a rabbit who is likely to have been part wildie, and he was so lucky to have spent that time loved by you and the other bunnies.
sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Apache

Post by Apache »

I'm so sorry to hear this, Parsley was so beautiful and sounds like such a wonderful bunny :x

RIP lovely Parsley xxx

PS - what gorgeous photos x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

So sorry to hear about Parsley :( he was such a lucky boy to have found a lovely home with you. Thoughts are with you Sue :ymhug: :ymhug:
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr