The Duchess (Flopsy)

Furry friends that have passed.
Hunnybunny2007

The Duchess (Flopsy)

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

My beautiful friendly girl sadly past over to rainbow bridge during the night =(( She was recovering from having an abscess removed on Monday and she appeared to be doing well, I checked on her during the early hours of Tuesday morning and she had scoffed all the food I'd put out for her. so I gave her some more, she had obviously been drinking and had passed so many poops :) She went back to the vets yesterday and they were very pleased with her progress, she continued to eat, drink and poo throughout the day, last night she seemed a little quiet and I thought perhaps it was due to the pain killer the vets had given her wearing off :( I checked on her at 1.30 this morning and she had gone =(( =((

The Duchess AKA Flopsy came here in 2014 she was over 3 years old but not sure by how much. she hadn't been spayed and was living with Ginger

She bonded with Maverick after he lost Martha, but this was only for a short time as Maverick passed away, I think due to a broken heart =((

Duchess has left another hole in my heart, I shall miss her so much, she had such a character, she used to bash her empty dish to get my attention and push the door open to get to me to make sure she was fed first, she was such a beautiful friendly girl and got on well with all the other bunnies =((

Binky free sweetheart, you are no longer suffering and in pain =(( =((
Apache

Re: The Duchess (Flopsy)

Post by Apache »

Sue - i'm so sorry ((HUGS))

She was such a beautiful girl, and I know abscesses can be tricky - I know the nightmare I had when Alfred had surgery :(

Tiny free beautiful Duchess :x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I am so sad to hear the news Sue, :( sincere condolences on losing your beautiful girl.
sue xx
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

I'm so sorry to hear about Duchess :( binky free at the Rainbow bridge pretty girl :x :x and sending hugs to you Sue :ymhug: :ymhug:
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr