Casper

Furry friends that have passed.
Foofy

Casper

Post by Foofy »

Sadly my little Casper had to be helped to the Rainbow Bridge on Friday last week :(

Here is his story and my tribute to my lovely gentle boy.

Casper was born in the summer of 2010, his Mum had a 1 night stand at his original owners home, she then proceeded to chew her way out of her hutch, dig a burrow in the back garden and had her litter of babies in her hole under the garden, her owners were non the wiser until they saw the litter of babies poking their heads out the hole when they were probably 3-4 weeks old.
Sue at Southampton Rabbi Rescue agreed to take 2 of the babies 2 brothers, both black dutch bunnies into her Rescue. I saw Casper there in the winter of 2010 and something about this nervous little boy pulled at my heart strings and I asked Sue if I could foster him and try and find him a super new home. Casper was extremely nervous I think because he never saw any humans until he was a few weeks old. So he came home with me, he was originally called Brian but I changed this to Casper.
He remained a nervous bunny all his life, and would always run and hide if any one he didn't know went to see him. I will never forget the 1st time I took him to the vets a couple of weeks after he first arrived. I got him out the carrier and placed him on the examination table and he was so terrified he ran to the end of the table and round the work top over the computer in the sink befoe jumping onto the floor and hiding in the corner!
We did have an enquiry about a new home for him some months after he arrived, I went to do a home check and didn't like the new home, so I told the people they couldn't have him! I then realised that I could not bear to be without him so I officially adopted him.
After being on his own for too long really I decided it would be nice if he could have a wife bun and adopted Daisy from Southampton Rabbit Recue. it didn't take long before they fell in love and they were a devoted couple :x :x

Unfortunately at the end of January this year Casper developed a slight head tilt and uveitis in one eye, after some tests it looked likely he had EC. We managed to cure the head tilt and uveitis but I knew he still wasn't right and after lots of tests and xrays discovered he had something on his lungs, he also had kidney stones and failing kidneys. With the right mixture of medication and frequent xrays, and blood tests my vets and I managed to keep him happy and pain free until the last week of his life. After his final xrays and blood test he took a turn for the worse and never recovered and I had to let him go to the Rainbow Bridge. I brought his body home with Daisy and buried him in my garden.

He was such a truly lovely bunny, a perfect gentleman. I feel lost without him here.

Here is some photos of him

And 2 with his wife Daisy

Sleep tight my lovely boy and look after all the other bunnies at the Bridge =(( =(( =((
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Apache

Re: Casper

Post by Apache »

What a beautiful tribute to such a lovely boy!

You gave him such a wonderful life (and wife), he was so lovely and so brave too - binky free Casper x
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful brave boy x

I hope you get up to lots of mischief at the bridge :)
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

A beautiful bunny who was so well loved and cared for. He had a wonderful life with you Sue. Nobody would of given him the love, care and attention you did. Binky well little Casper. Xx
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

A beautiful and fitting tribute to the brave and handsome Casper.
Binky free at the bridge. xx
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
mini lop1

Post by mini lop1 »

Beautiful photos of a beàutiful bunny, binky free Casper xx