Misty

Furry friends that have passed.
Hunnybunny2007

Misty

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Misty started to be poorly on the Saturday before my holiday, we rushed her to the vets because she was having trouble breathing, they said she had bronchitis and was given Baytril and Metacam, I syringe fed her Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning before I left, and she did seem to be improving slightly.

Adam contacted me a couple of days later and said she'd started to get worse and had an appointment at the vets that night, they found that she had several abscesses on her chest and advised that she should be helped to the bridge, Adam contacted me and I gave him permission to allow her to go =((

I felt so guilty as I wasn't with her at the end and if I'd known it was an abscess in that area I would have let her go on the Saturday and not allowed her to suffer =((

Binky free my beautiful girl, you will always have a special place in my heart x

Apache

Re: Misty

Post by Apache »

I'm so sorry to hear that - RIP Misty x

Misty was very beautiful, and if I'm correct you've only had her a few years, I seem to think you got her just around the time I lost my wonderful Misty (horse).

Thinking of you all x
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Apache wrote:I'm so sorry to hear that - RIP Misty x

Misty was very beautiful, and if I'm correct you've only had her a few years, I seem to think you got her just around the time I lost my wonderful Misty (horse).

Thinking of you all x
That's right, she was approx 3 when I took her in and it was about 2 years ago, she had been living in a tiny hutch and the owner was going to let her go! I feel I let her down by not being with her at the end :(

Adam was brilliant with her, he gave her meds daily and learned how to syringe feed. he also gave Dolly her injections :)
Apache

Post by Apache »

Aww -I'm sure you wish you could have been there too.

It sound like Adam did an amazing job looking after them for you.

So sad that Misty didn't have longer with you, I'm sure she greatly appreciated the time that she did have in a lovely home x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I'm so sorry to hear about beautiful Misty :( I'm glad you rescued her so she had her last years loved with you.
Binky free Misty.
sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny