Martha

Furry friends that have passed.
Hunnybunny2007

Martha

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

My special little girl became an angel today =((

Her previous carer was unable to keep her after her marriage failed and she had to move into accommodation that didn't allow pets :( Martha was the 2nd bunny we had, she settled in quickly but could be quite nippy when she wanted to be, as my furry family grew, I tried to introduce her to different bunnies, but she wasn't interested :( Then I moved her into a hutch in Mavericks shed as he was also alone after a fall out with his wife Twinkle, Maverick would sit as close to her as possible and they kissed through the wires, so I put them together, it was an instant hit, they loved each other and were never far apart.

Maverick is deaf and his sight is failing so he relied on Martha a lot, I'm hoping that he will bond with another of my bunnies so he won't be alone :(

Martha has had two tumours removed and I think it had spread, I noticed yesterday she wasn't herself so I gave her extra treats of rose petals and lavender, she had a daily treat of blackberries along with dandelions and she tucked into them, she hardly left Mavericks side yesterday they were side by side in their dog bed and he had groomed her so much, the side of her face was wet =((

I checked on her before 6.00 am this morning and fed her, she had her morning treat of blackberries but didn't finish them, when I went back to check on her she was lying on her side in the run and she'd gone =(( Maverick was sitting in the shed and it sounded like he was crying, (he makes a noise when he's upset, especially if I have to give him meds), he's had lots of fuss from me today, but he looks so lonely :(

On my 50th birthday

Binky free Martha x
mini lop1

Re: Martha

Post by mini lop1 »

so sorry to hear about Martha's passing, the crying of the companion bun I can relate to, mabel was the same the night sox has passes, she paced room back and forth just crying I had to get up sit with her, put some pet remedy on her and it seemed to help calm her down

hope Maverick will settle soon x
Apache

Post by Apache »

I'm so sorry to hear this - RIP Martha - she was a beautiful lady.

Martha sounds like she had a wonderful life after meeting the lovely Maverick, and I know it doesn't help, I feel its nicer for them to go peacefully in their own surroundings with their partner beside them (although that doesn't lesson the pain of loosing them).

Binky free Martha xx

((HUGS)) to you and Maverick xxx
RabbitResidenceEllen

Post by RabbitResidenceEllen »

She was a really beautiful girl, the colours so sharp and the fur so silky. I'm sorry to hear of her loss :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I'm so sorry to hear about Martha :( I hope Maverick will settle and maybe bond with another bunny in time.
hugs -sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Maverick was in their dog bed this morning, he does look lonely, but once he realised it was breakfast time he hopped over to the bowl and started eating :)

I'm going to try and bond him with "The Duchess" aka as Flopsy at the weekend, so fingers crossed, she is a gorgeous girl with a very gentle nature, before she came to me she lived with a guinea pig in a tiny hutch :(
Apache

Post by Apache »

That's good news about Maverick eating :)

Lots of bonding vibes for the weekend, and am looking forwards to seeing (I hope) lots of pics of the new couple.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

I'm so sorry to hear about Martha :( :( RIP little one :x :x

Fingers crossed that Maverick & Flopsy will fall in love when they start dating :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
kermit

Post by kermit »

How sad for wee Martha, wee soul, sleep tight. Seems she had a happy life with her fellow once she decided that he was the one and that all that the rest were no good :)

Hope the bond goes well a the weekend.
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

He was whimpering again when I got home from work, he's had his tea and a fuss, but I know he's missing Martha =((

I'm off work on Friday so I will try them together then, I don't want him being lonely :(