Stevie my new bunny

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Foofy

Stevie my new bunny

Post by Foofy »

I recently adopted another bunny from Southampton Rabbit Rescue after the sad loss of my elderly bun Peter, as his wife bun Ruby was left on her own. The new addition is called Stevie and he's a 6 year old dwarf lop, he is also blind, he's been blind from birth. He was previously bonded with his sister who helped him get around but sadly she passed away last year so he was left on his own.
Ruby and Stevie are now living side by side and I have started bonding them but am taking it very slowly due to Stevie's blindness. All is going well so far and last night Ruby was grooming his face and ear for a few minutes the most successful bonding session so far [emoji3]
Here they are Ruby is the fluffy REW
ImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Re: Stevie my new bunny

Post by sdf76 »

So sorry to hear of your loss of Peter- :(
I remember him well- a gorgeous bunny.
I do hope Ruby will be happy with her new friend Stevie- it certainly looks promising :)
Super pics :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

sdf76 wrote:So sorry to hear of your loss of Peter- :(
I remember him well- a gorgeous bunny.
I do hope Ruby will be happy with her new friend Stevie- it certainly looks promising :)
Super pics :)
Thank you Sue :) the bonding is still going great and there is lots of mutual grooming now :) I'm hoping to have a day off work soon and finally get them properly bonded, it's very difficult trying to bond bunnies when you work full time :(
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Quick update on Stevie and Ruby. They are now a bonded pair and seem very happy together. Ruby is dominant and definitely in charge even though she's about half the size of Stevie! She loves giving Stevie lots of kisses usually on his ears. Here's a few more photos
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Super photos!
So glad the bonding went well :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

What lovely pictures and how good to take on a special needs bun. They make a gorgeous pair :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

honeybunny wrote:What lovely pictures and how good to take on a special needs bun. They make a gorgeous pair :)
They are a lovely couple :x :x I'm sure most people wouldn't even be able to notice that Stevie is blind, he copes amazingly well and doesn't half get around, I'm sure he is very happy with Ruby and has now even started binkying in the last few weeks, he is such a friendly, gentle boy :x :x