Poppy not a bunny a cat

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Foofy

Poppy not a bunny a cat

Post by Foofy »

My cat Poppy has been quite poorly just before Christmas and again in January, she has kidney stones. She is still undergoing tests but has high and rising calcium levels, she now has to have further tests/scan on her parathyroid glands in her neck but fingers crossed there may be something we can do for her.
Here are some of the latest photos of her including her bald patches, from her fluids, blood tests and scans.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Re: Poppy not a bunny a cat

Post by sdf76 »

Poppy is a very pretty cat. :) I do hope the tests will indicate the best treatment for her problems. Get well soon Poppy :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

How's Poppy now?
Last year my 14 year old cat was very poorly. She lost so much weight and suffered from terrible sickness and diaorea. Eventually we had to have her thyroid glands removed but couldn't do it until she had put some weight back on. She was so distressed that she stripped her tail and tummy of fur. She now been given a clean bill of health for her age, albeit with less fur than she had before. :-)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Hi Suzanne :) thank you for asking after Poppy :) she is doing OK she is only 6-7 years old so young to have kidney disease :(
She is on a special kidney diet and has a supplement in her food twice a day to help the kidneys, as far as we know she still has kidney stones and a blockage in one of her ureter tubes (a stone) but she is doing well at the moment despite this :) She went into the vets for the day a couple of weeks ago for blood pressure checks all day as she had high blood pressure but it had gone back down to normal thank goodness :) She is going into the vets again for the day next Tuesday for blood tests to see how her kidneys are working now, so hopefully the levels won't be too high.
She still has an uncertain future so we're tazking each day and week as it comes, but for now she seems happy is running around and eating well which is the main thing for her :)

I'm so glad to hear your cat recovered from her illness :) they are such a worry aren't they!
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Aw poor Poppy. Sounds like she's coping well and is getting the treatment she needs. It's tough to know what to do for the best for them.

We decided to give Gea one last chance with her thyroid removal operation and fortunately it was successful. She does have a strange meow meow though.

Hope the vet visit goes ok next week xx