Twinkle - diva bun

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Hunnybunny2007

Twinkle - diva bun

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I fostered Twinkle for Jill at Honeybunnys rescue 9 years ago, she was approx 18 months old, and soon realised I couldn't bear to part with her, so I contacted Jill and arranged to adopt her, then vowed never to try and foster again :))

Twinkle has come through quite a lot, she had an abscess removed from her face 5 years ago, which thankfully cleared up, and a lump removed last year from her tummy, her incisors were removed a long time ago and she has had more dentals then I can remember and continues to have them, she now only has 3 teeth, and she is on Depocillin injections every other day as one may have an abscess, she can no longer eat hay, but she loves her moistened pellets and anything else that can be mashed :))

We nicknamed her the bank holiday Diva, as I could guarantee if Twinkle had an emergency it would be on a bank holiday, just to ensure she got them most out of her insurance, her first one was on New Years day, many years ago, she went into stassis and I thought we would lose her, but Twinkle was a fighter (I still bear scars from syringe feeding her) and she came through :)

The vets know her and the nurses are warned about her, she shows them she's not amused by kicking her water bowl over when they go to check on her, she has wet many a vet nurse :)) The vet has told me that on more than one occasion Twinkle has held her breath when going under anaesthetic for her teeth, this is why I travel a 20 mile round trip as I completely trust my vet with her :)

Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth :x

She is now indoors and I'm pleased to say she has bonded with Dolly, who was Dodgers partner, it looks like they are happy to spend their twilight years together :x

Apache

Re: Twinkle - diva bun

Post by Apache »

Twinkle is gorgeous :x

it definitely sounds like she keeps you on your toes - and is such a fighter too. Its lovely that Twinkle and Dolly have bonded, they look very happy together :x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

What lovely photos. :)
Yes some bunnies do seem to like the bank holidays or middle of the night 8-| I think Coco holds top prize for that , for making me spend Xmas Day afternoon at the vets!
So glad Twinkle is now bonded with Dolly :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

How lovely that Twinkle and Dolly have bonded lovely photos they do look very happy together

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr