We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Rose

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Is it difficult to dry them?
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

For pot pourri, I just spread the petals out on my kitchen windowsill in the sun, making sure they don't touch one another, and air dry them. Turn them over after the first week to make sure they dry both sides.
There are other methods but I think mine is the simplest :) but perhaps they last longer with the other methods? Mine do eventually go brown in the pot pourii after time but I have so many roses its easy for me to make more and replace them :) I use pot pourri oil usually though I sometimes spray with perfume.

Putting them in a flower press will give you flat petals which aren't really so good for pot pourri, though that's how I dry the ones for making collages.

here are some other methods of drying them..
http://www.wikihow.com/Preserve-Rose-Petals

sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Some beautiful blooms in these pics..I'm not great with roses..too much black spot
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

This was a rose bush I bought for my mum who loved her garden, when she went died, we transferred it to our garden, my hubby has managed to keep it going and we've had some lovely flowers already :)

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Oh how lovely Hunnybunny- what a nice way thing to do :)

honeybunny... my rose bushes have black spot but I still get loads of blooms :) .. just pick off any leaves that appear with black spots on and the new leaves will come through green and healthy...as they age they will develop black spots but just pick the diseased leaves off and the plant will stay pretty. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny