Foster kitten

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Becky

Foster kitten

Post by Becky »

I thought I'd share some photos of my foster kitten, Noel, with you all :)

Noel is a tiny 9/10 week old kitten who arrived with us on 23rd December, he had been found in a ditch screaming his little head off unable to move. We aren't sure if Noel had been involved in a road traffic accident, or if his injuries had been caused some other way and he'd been dumped down the country lane :( There are no houses within miles of where he was found, and he is very very friendly so isn't a feral baby.

I collected Noel and took him straight to the vets where he was x-rayed which showed he has a badly broken back leg :( He was given sedatives and a high dose of pain relief to keep him stable over the Christmas period. Because we had no cat fosterers with space, I bought this baby home with me, I couldn't see him without a home over Christmas :x I do very often have various foster animals when our other fosterers are full :)

He is an absolute joy to care for and I've fallen head over heals in love with him :x He goes in for his operation on Monday 4th, such a big operation for such a small baby. Please keep your paws crossed for him :x

sdf76

Re: Foster kitten

Post by sdf76 »

Oh he's a gorgeous little thing!. I wish him all the best in his forthcoming op.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Oh wow he's stunning :-) fingers crossed all goes well with his operation and he recovers quickly.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Becky

Post by Becky »

Noel had his operation and all went well. He ended up having a femoral head and neck excision which is a big operation for such a small baby. He is very sore but is recovering well :)

Here is the little man himself :)

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

How is Noel doing? I hope he has fully recovered now?
Becky

Post by Becky »

Thanks for asking Sue :) Noel recovered fully and was rehomed to a friend of mine. She sends photo updates, he looks so happy. He is such a special little boy x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Becky wrote:Thanks for asking Sue :) Noel recovered fully and was rehomed to a friend of mine. She sends photo updates, he looks so happy. He is such a special little boy x
That's wonderful news :)
Thank you for updating. :)