Furry Friends update!

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Furry_Friends

Furry Friends update!

Post by Furry_Friends »

I thought I would update with what is going on at Furry Friends. We are really grateful for all the support that PAP gives us, every £1 really does make a difference.

Well we have had a lot of good news lately.
Our little baby rabbits are growing up. Three of them have gone to new homes and we have one little female called Vimto left. I have been keeping in touch with the other adopters to check in with how things are going, and all bonds with the babies and new buns are going to plan.
Here is little Vimto incase anyone is looking to adopt a very cheeky baby girl ;)

Here is little Nettle with her new husbun, Teddy.

We also rehomed two long termers, Cookie and Nutmeg. I think they stayed for so long because Nutmeg is a very big girl! They now live in a huge hutch, with a run that is dug underground to keep them safe. The new owners are hoping to bond them into a big group with their two neutered males. Here they are, wrecking the gifts their new humans gave them;

A bit of sad news, which is a rabbit adopted by my brother passed away. Doodles was 6 years old and was unwanted when his owner moved. I bonded him with my brothers other rabbit, Noodles, who recently lost her dad. It was a slightly tricky bond as Doodles was a bit naughty, but we got there in the end. Doodles passed away yesterday, very suddenly, from a heart attack leaving Noodles on her own again. My brother doesn't want a young rabbit, as Noodles is getting on herself now, but as luck would have it, I have little Rupert in. Now, Rupert has a few health issues, and we were looking for a very special home for him, so the fact he is going to live round the corner means I can keep an eye on his health. Bonding for Rupert and Noodles will begin next week, as we both feel Noodles needs a few day to get over the loss of her friend. Please cross your fingers for an easy bond!

Back to the good news, I don't know if people are interested in other species as we don't only take bunnies, but we also take cats (among other species). Charlie was living as 'the neghbourhood cat' where everyone would feed him, but no one officially owned him. Charlie got a huge abscess on his head, and none of the residents wanted to foot the vet bill, so they took him to the vets to be put down instead. We heard about his plight as offered him a place here. He stayed at the rescue for a very long time due to his health issues, but at the weekend, he went off to a new home.

Today, we have a single gerbil going to a new home. The new owner wanted a pet for his granddaughter, and said to her he would only rescue, which she is very happy about. They live an hour from us, but the man is sure this is the gerbil for them, so this lucky one will start her new life later.

Tonight, we have a single guinea pig in and a rabbit arriving (both from different homes). More info on them when they arrive!
Lspacehopper

Re: Furry Friends update!

Post by Lspacehopper »

What a fab update. Love it! :) x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for the update Furry Friends we all love to hear the latest news from all the Rescues :D :D I think we're all animal lovers in general here so like to hear about all your animals :) :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Apache

Post by Apache »

Thank you for the update - I hope the bonding goes well and RIP Doodles x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

so sorry to hear about Doodles :(
Pleased to hear Cookie and Nutmeg have finally been rehomed- I remember them on here. :)
Thank you for the interesting update. :) It's nice for supporters to know how their donations are helping the Pledge a Pound rescues. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Lovely to hear from you :)
Furry_Friends

Re: Furry Friends update! Update 18th August.

Post by Furry_Friends »

Furry Friends Update 18th August.

So another busy week in rescue!
This week, we had a lovely couple coming to view one of our long stay dogs, Jessie. Jessie was very excited to meet them and their dog, but they didn't feel she was the dog for them, so she is still looking for a home. We are pleased that people are seeing her advertised, so this a good thing.

We had lots of new arrivals that most of you have probably seen on the rehoming page on PAP.
We had lots of chinchillas come in, such as this pretty baby;

A LOT of gerbils came through our doors too. We already had a quite a few in, but these ones needed help so we took them in. The females are all on pregnancy watch as the gerbils were dumped in a cage in the middle of the woods and found by a dog walker. The boys were in with the girls, so we are sure we will hear the pitter patter of baby gerbil feet soon. We also had another group come in, and sadly one had a broken leg. He is coping very well and is on painkillers, so we are hoping it wont be long until he heals. Gerbils aren't very popular, so if you hear anyone looking to adopt some, please let them know that we have lots.

We had a cat come in who needed an urgent eye removal. He had been scratched in the eye by another cat, and the owners couldn't afford treatment so were going to have him put down. Luckily we heard about him and our vets removed his eye the next day. He is recovering well.

We also had three kittens bought in running alive with fleas. Hundreds and hundreds of them even running over their eyeballs and down into their ears. Bellies are hard with worms and all are underweight. Two have umbilical hernias. They were flea treated and wormed right away.

I did the bond with Rupert and Noodles. I didn't need to worry... here they are within the first 15 minutes;

and then we popped them in a neutral area for the next few hours and they look like they have always been together!

I went back to my brother's to make sure they were ok in Noodle's territory and she wasn't bothered at all that he was there. Match made in heaven so I am so pleased for them both as he is now enjoying life as a house rabbit.

Today, our little Yorkie x called Fluff has gone in for a dental. She came in because her previous owner died and noone else wanted her. Once over this procedure, she will be able to look for a home.

We also had this photo update from Charlie's new owner to say how well he was doing. Here he is with one of his new friends.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

gosh what a busy ime you have had. so pleased the bonding went well with Rupert and Noodles. :) omg poor kittens so fire with fleas :( so glad they are now de-fleaed and wormed. I hope they will put on weight soon.
I hope that Jesse and the chinchillas and gerbils find homes and the cat who lost her eye too.
Good luck to Fluff with the forthcoming dental.
Thank you for the update.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Furry_Friends

Re: Furry Friends update! Update 3rd September

Post by Furry_Friends »

Update 3rd September

Little Vimto, our last baby bunny has gone to a new home. She is now living the life of luxury with another rabbit. They got on well from the start and we wish them many years of happiness together.

Dave (our one eyed cat) and Harry the blind cat, are reserved to go to a new home together. They will be leaving us as soon as Dave is fully healed.

Ian the ginger cat has a viewing on Monday, so fingers crossed it is meant to be! The people have fallen in love with his photo, so lets hope they like him when they meet him.

Our elderly hamster is going to her new home tonight.

Little Elliott the rabbit who has been in for a while, is being viewed at the weekend. The people are looking for a friend for their lonely girl.

Brad the lionhead is being viewed tonight, and if the people like him, he will be starting his new life with their female rabbit.

Our little kittens are growing well and we are hoping they will be ready to find new homes soon.

We rehomed a trio of baby female gerbils (and we still have lots left). We also rehomed four ferrets to live as house ferrets.

One little Honey (the rabbit with the abscess) is in for another procedure tomorrow. Unfortunately the abscess is still there, so the vet is going to operate again. We are really hoping this will help as he is such a nice, happy boy.

This is the last update you will see from me for a while as I am going away on my Honeymoon next week. I will update you with rescue news when I return!
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you so much for the update Furry Friends :) :) we love to hear whats been happening at the Rescues, great news that some of the animals have new homes :) :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr