Hopper Haven - the field bunnies

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
bb mommy

Hopper Haven - the field bunnies

Post by bb mommy »

Late 2014 we had a box of rabbits arrive that had been found in a field.

There were five bunnies altogether, but the finders left the fifth rabbit as it had passed away.

The remaining four were named after things you'd find in a field normally, so meet Dandelion, who we believe was probably daddy.Image

He was in fairly good condition, and must have been loved at some stage as he's an absolute darling. I fostered him initially, and he loves being fussed.

Also in the box was this gorgeous trioImage[/URL

Clover, who we think is mum, daughter Thistle and son Bramble.....cute aren't they :-)
These three were emaciated and in very poor condition on arrival, so the priority was to get their condition on track.

Initially we kept dad and son together at my house whilst their body weight improved. Dad was neutered fairly soon as his body score was ok, but Bramble was not only underweight, he also had awful front teeth that were misaligned and as soft as cardboard.
These two were only together about 5 weeks before Brambles hormones kicked in and they had to be separated.
Dandelion was bonded to a female in the sanctuary, and that had worked out great. Bramble had to wait until last Friday for his castrate after he finally reached just over 1600g.
He's still at mine at the moment until a suitable wifey is found.

Meanwhile the two girls were going to come to mine on foster until we could try Bramble back with them, which would be around six weeks, but then this happened!
[URL=http://s1005.photobucket.com/user/hopperhaven/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpscomkalq4.jpg.html]Image

This bond has been going for four days, and fingers crossed its looking good.
The girls are now with big Claude and his brother, stroppy Storm :x

So little Bramble will just have to put up with his daily snuggles from me until he's ready to be bonded...

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk
hurricanhoney

Re: Hopper Haven - the field bunnies

Post by hurricanhoney »

So glad they are in safe hands now.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

All beautiful bunnies- glad they are now safe in your care.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Apache

Post by Apache »

Gorgeous bunnies - specially Dandelion :x
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

How is little Bramble getting on?
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank goodness they were found - and just in time by the sound of it, hope they are all still doing well :)