A quick update from Rabsville

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Rabswood

A quick update from Rabsville

Post by Rabswood »

Haven't really been on any forums much lately, Big has her own Facebook page so she mostly keeps her bunny friends informed that way.

2014 Early in the year I had to have Mr Snow pts he was at least 8 yrs of age and a special needs bunny and a couple of months ago sadly saw Maisie (Eric's widow and later one of the Shed bunnies) go to the bridge, but considering the ages of many of my buns I have done well. Miss Lavender and Blossom are both 10yrs plus and Pippin (Oxo Rabswood's twin) will be 10 yrs around next March. It seems so long ago when I had my beautiful boys Beige and Oxo, practically a day doesn't go by that I don't think about them at some point and I have both their photos up on my fireplace =((

There are 3 new additions. Bun Jovi (married happily to Rosie) and Buno (who is engaged to Big) Both boys are still under 1 year old. We have most recently welcomed Elvis 'Speedy' Rabswood to our fold, a little Nethie taken by the RSPCA and delivered to BARC. He has recently been returned to BARC due to a failed bond which is why we were fortunate enough to get him here. He will be looking for a tiny nethie wife in the Spring (he's a very tiny adorable boy).

So... I currently have:
Pippin and Blossom (known as the shed bunnies)
Lavender
Big
Buno
Bun Jovie and Rosie
Elvis 'Speedy'

I am glad that PaP is still going from strength to strength and supporting as many well deserved rescues as it can :) I will try to be a more frequent visitor to the Forum.
Mummy to the Rabsville Bunnies

Pledge a Pound Jewellery10% Pot Total £4.00
Donated via paypal 8/11/13

Oxo Rabswood a little fighter!
Hunnybunny2007

Re: A quick update from Rabsville

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

It's lovely to see you back Michelle and hearing the updates :) It would be great to hear what the Rabsville new arrivals are getting up to, I'm sure if they came from BARC they are full of mischief :))

I'm looking forward to Bigs wedding photos, I'm sure she will make a beautiful blushing bride :)

Oxo and Beige were such characters, that many people miss them, I used to love reading Oxo's FB page and the antics Beige was getting up to :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Nice to see you back here Rabswood :D :-h

So sorry to hear you have lost some of your elderly bunnies :(
Looking forward to hearing more about your newer arrivals and maybe some photos?
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

Big can't wait for her wedding she has been planning it for months.

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Nice to see you back
it's always hard when we lose bunnies :( elderly or not. :(
I look forward to hearing about the new bunnies (and maybe some pics? ) and hope your little nethie boy finds a wifebun soon. :)
would love to hear news of Big's wedding :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Rabswood wrote:Big can't wait for her wedding she has been planning it for months.
Sorry I missed this. I often think about the Rabsville bunnies, and was sad to hear of your losses. I had a special soft spot for Mr Snow. Oh my, how exciting. Spenser hopes for an invite to Big's wedding.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

Well lots happening here since my last update.

Firstly Big's wedding is OFF she decided she didn't like Buno and tried to kill him on their first date despite a romantic drive in the pet carrier and supper in a neutral indoor pen. Anyway I now have a new buck lined up for her named Sox.

Elvis Speedy Rabswood is still single but I have a lovely little girl (black otter Nethie) Lucy waiting in the wings, I just have to be brave enough to start bonding (after Big's experience with Buno!)

After a hoarder asked for help rehoming her 20 rabbits and 2 piggies I ended up keeping 6 of them myself (of which the above mentioned Sox and Lucy are 2). So now Sox, Lucy 2 single buns and LuLu & Polly and Harvey & Twinkle 2 pairs now reside at Rabsville. My total number of buns are now 14!!! so all my expenses have increased as well as my work load.

My oldies Lavender and Blossom 10/11 years plus are doing really well. Blossom lives indoors now with husbun Pippin who was 10 years old this year but he is showing his age bless him, I think I will lose one or more of these three this year due to old age.

Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I hope Big is now ready to try marriage again, goo luck with the bondings :)

It sounds like you have your hands full, but well done for taking 6 from the hoarder, they are so lucky to have found a home at Rabsville :)