Bunny run all covered up

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Foofy

Bunny run all covered up

Post by Foofy »

I noticed that the back of my bunny house in the bunny run was going a bit mouldy :( so I decided to buy some heavy duty plastic and cover up the whole side of the run to protect the inside and the buns from the wind and the rain. Got a huge bit (4m x 3M) heavy duty from Toolstation for £5.71 bargain :) the medium weight one is even cheaper :) was enough to do the whole of the side with some left over. I've just pinned it onto the wooden frame with map pins so that I can take it off again in the summer. What do you think?

Thats the 2 hutches next to the run (converted bike shed) and Buttons and Peter inside the run. Peter is sitting on the new vetbed I bought to put on top of the bunny house, all 4 bunnies love sitting on the vetbed :) they would rather sit on top of the house than inside it! So now I don't have to worry if it starts raining whilst I'm out as they should now keep nice and dry :)

Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Bunny run all covered up

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Great idea to give them some protection :) Why do bunnies always do the opposite to what we want them to :)) I use small old hutches in the runs, without any doors on, and the bunnies love sitting inside them, even though they've got lots of room, they like to squish together :))
rabbitapril

Post by rabbitapril »

They should be cosy in there. Nice for you also to spend time with bunnies protected from the elements. I have used Perspex on the front of my bunnies place and it makes a huge difference. With the lights on and the radio is quite cosy. Lol.
rabbitapril

Post by rabbitapril »

They should be cosy in there. Nice for you also to spend time with bunnies protected from the elements. I have used Perspex on the front of my bunnies place and it makes a huge difference. With the lights on and the radio is quite cosy. Lol.
Apache

Post by Apache »

Nice one - I'm sure they'll appreciate being kept dry :-)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

rabbitapril wrote:They should be cosy in there. Nice for you also to spend time with bunnies protected from the elements. I have used Perspex on the front of my bunnies place and it makes a huge difference. With the lights on and the radio is quite cosy. Lol.
I've got a pink portable radio that I use out in the garden, and also have lights in both hutches, but no lights in the run :-( do have 3 floodlights out in the garden too though. It does make it much easier to see what you're doing with these dark mornings and evenings.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

They do look nice and cosy in there :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny