Rescue bunnies

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Hunnybunny2007

Rescue bunnies

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Well seeing as Pledge a Pound supports rescues I thought it would be a good idea to post all our rescues bunnies here, so starting with some of mine :D

Henrietta - BARC bunny - Gummy bunny

Twinkle - Honeybunny - now recovering from an abscess

Maverick - Kirkby Pet Welfare - handed into the rescue after being passed to 3 different homes due to aggression, once neutered he became a loving bunny and now lives with Martha

Barney - Kirkby Pet Welfare - I bought him home from the rescue to nurse him after he'd gone into stassis, I fell for him and adopted him

Harry - Kirkby Pet Welfare - another gummy bunny, who has become a little incontient in his old age

Dodger - Kirkby Pet Welfare - Head tilt bunny, who shows no fear :)

These are just some of my bunnies, so come on let's see your rescue bunnies please :)
Blackberry

Re: Rescue bunnies

Post by Blackberry »

Aw, adorable!

Here are my 'rescues':

Lady Jane Willoughby - from Ashley Heath RSPCA. She was dumped with a lot of other bunnies in a cardboard box on an industrial estate :(
She was called Jane by the RSPCA, and I was originally going to call her Willow, but she soon turned into a Lady, and it stuck!

Blackberry (RIP), Dandelion, Buttercup & Clover were also dumped bunnies. They were left where I worked (pets corner at a theme park), there was no space for them there, and anyway, I had instantly fallen head over heels in love with Blackberry, and I couldn't take just one home......so they all came!

Lady Jane - then:

...now:

Blackberry & Co

Bunnyaddict

Post by Bunnyaddict »

I'll be back as they'll be a lot of pics lol!!! Looking good with rescue bunnies so far!!!
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

I'll be back too... once my furry family is complete .... ;)
loula

Post by loula »

My gorgeous girl Bella. Not an official rescue, but dumped in a cardboard box at a pet shop my OH was working in at the time. She was 13 months old, already had 5/6 litters (woman couldn't remember) and had an abscess on her side the size of a tennis ball.

She is a very people (and cat) loving bunny. She absolutely loves tormenting all the bunnies at bunnyhops when she goes to visit Aunty Kay but has definitely decided that she's a lone ranger.

Laura x

loulabee.folksy.com - My folksy page!
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Oh my goodness - how relaxed is that?????? :lol: :D
pipkin_polar

Post by pipkin_polar »

Pipkin:

Stray bunny handed into the vets I worked at. Took him home with me just over a year ago. I met him on my first day in my job at the vets and took him home on my second day! He had been handed in about 6 weeks before I met him, no sign of his owner and no interest shown by any one wanting to re home. I fell for him the minute I met him though!

He was then castrated and went to met his now wife Polar:

I adopted Polar from Starlights Rabbit Rescue, she's a very shy girl but slowly gaining confidence

Had her about 6 months now and I'm sure she's grown! She loves Pipkin very much

Foofy

Post by Foofy »

My rescue bunnies Buttons the chocolate dutch, Peter Rabbit the brown grey dutch and Casper the black dutch all rescued from Southampton Rabbit Rescue. Had Buttons since he was a few months old he's now over 1, and he is now bonded with Peter Rabbit, Peter is 4 years old and he was about 3 when I rescued him he was given up by his original owners when the kids got fed up with him and they didn't want him anymore. Casper is oficially a foster rabbit from Southampton Rabbit Rescue he is very nervous bunny and was born underground in a burrow and didn't have any human contact until he was about 8 weeks old we don't think he has been with me nearly a year and I think I may have failed at my first attempt to foster as I don't think I could give him up now!!
Attachments
Peter Rabbit
Peter Rabbit
P.JPG (90.03 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Casper
Casper
C.JPG (85.32 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Buttons
Buttons
Buttons 1.JPG (190.78 KiB) Viewed 3670 times
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

shall i post all my rescue bunnies here? :lol:
Seriously lovely to see these now much loved rabbits..nice thread :)
Bunnyaddict

Post by Bunnyaddict »

It's wonderful to see all these beautiful bunnies!!! And yes Jill you need to post yours too ;) :)

Here's a start on a few of our 28 buns :oops:

This is Amber, she's a beautiful mis-marked dutchie bun with stunning blue eyes. My sister in law found her in her garden back in April 2008 - she was her next door but one neighbours. Basically they let her escape because they'd got a new rottweiler puppy!! :twisted: Their loss was definitely our gain! I managed to catch with the intention of taking her to a rescue but she never made it there :oops: We think she's about 5 years old ish/

And this is Oscar her husbun - he's our handsome wilde looking boy. He came from Thornberry Animal Sanctuary in Feb 2008 after being handed in as part of an unwanted litter :cry: He's about 4 years & such a lovely, snuggly boy :) He loves his Amber very much!

This is Polly - she's a BARC bunny & came to live with us Jan 2010 :) I picked her up from Sooz an RU member to do a bunny run & take her over to Angie's - only she never made it that far!! :oops: She was only supposed to be staying with us one night but it was freezing cold & snowing, we offered to foster her as a house bun as she was so diddy - only she ended staying! :oops:

Polly's husbun is Harvey - he came from Kirkby rescue in Nov 09 - me & my hubby Mark went to help out there one weekend & Harvey just kept poking his head out of the hutch as if to say 'Are you taking me home or what!?!' :lol: He came across as the most loveable cuddly lad at the rescue - we got him home, had him neutered & he then turned into a bunny with a right attitude!! He's taken chunks out of me several times!! He's adorable though despite the chip he's got on both shoulders lol!

More to follow!!