Windwhistle Warren

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
sdf76

Re: What's happening at Windwhistle Warren

Post by sdf76 »

Ceri wrote:Lovely to see some updates. :x

My Daisy (adopted from WW) is doing well - out of the 3 of them, she is the most adventurous and cheeky! She loves the outdoors and is the only one of the 3 who will go willingly outside and she looooves to binky! :x The other two are very lazy and need to be helped outside. :)) Daisy is the Queen Bunny and everyone knows it - she's feisty and a great pleasure to watch. :x
Any photos of Daisy? :)

my daughter (bunlover) adopted a pair of girls as wifebuns to Arthur, - Santi and Minty and they are doing really well too.
Here's Minty

and here's Santi

Does anyone else have any photos of bunnies they have adopted from Alice :) ?
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Hi everyone, I have been asked by Alice at Windwhistle to take over this thread from Sal, as she is so busy these days with home checks etc.

I haven't been to Windwhistle for a few weeks, however when I do go and visit I will report back on here....and might even manage some photos!!! :-o :-o

So I'm in charge of this one now.............I'll try not to let you down.

Frankie is due to go and be bonded in a couple of weeks time....hopefully with the beautiful Lady Ambrosia. ;) ;)

Fingers crossed....and watch this space for future updates etc.

Di. xxxx
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you Di for updating us, I know how busy the rescues are at the moment :)

Fingers crossed for Frankie and Lady Ambrosia :)
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Tomorrow, Sunday 3rd November, OH, myself, Frankie, Pirate and Connie are off to Windwhistle. :)

Frankie is boarding.....and be bonded, hopefully with Ambrosia, if not another little darling. Pirate and Connie the guineas are there to board too.

OH and I are off on a few days holiday.........much needed!!!!

So all being well, we should be collecting two bunnies and the two piggies.

So, once we return home and get settled I can add an (albeit a small one) update. :-bd
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Mrs. Bunnykins wrote:Tomorrow, Sunday 3rd November, OH, myself, Frankie, Pirate and Connie are off to Windwhistle. :)

Frankie is boarding.....and be bonded, hopefully with Ambrosia, if not another little darling. Pirate and Connie the guineas are there to board too.

OH and I are off on a few days holiday.........much needed!!!!

So all being well, we should be collecting two bunnies and the two piggies.

So, once we return home and get settled I can add an (albeit a small one) update. :-bd

Have a great holiday and look forward to reading the update on what's been happening at Windwhistle :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hope you enjoy your holiday :) and look forward to updates and photos from Windwhistle. :)
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Hi everyone.... :-h , it's me........Di !!!!!

Well I am showered, in my jim jams and putting my feet up after having spent the day helping at Windwhistle. :D So many beautiful bunnies and guinea pigs..... :x :x :x , and as always I am soooo tempted to bring some of them home with me....... ;) ;) , but I maintain self control but at times that is so difficult!!!

Today I cleaned out 24 guinea pig hutches and had a great time conversing with the piggies. There was a beautiful sow and her three babies with her, my goodness they were so sweet and my heart melted when I saw them. :x :x :x Benny a fantastic, huge boar, Arthur a very young REW boar.....Wilf......I could go on and on but I won't.......

Derek, Alice's OH went to collect a bunny in the afternoon which was needing to be re-homed. :( Well I got to meet this beautiful little chap, a greyish, light brown bunny with a little white nose and beautiful blue eyes. :x :x :x Bearing this in mind, Alice let me re-name him.....Frankie is his new name. Blue eyes.......I thought of Frank Sinatra, but thought Frankie sounded better.

The rescue is as busy as ever, with plenty of little ones coming in to rescue, however quite a few going off to new forever homes. :D

Alice send her best wishes and is always grateful for all the hard work that PaP does.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

well done for helping at Alice's rescue :-bd - (I did it once or twice and I know how exhausting that is!! #:-s)
It's always good to hear from the rescues. :)
I hope we can have a pic of Frankie, Benny Arthur, Wilf etc sometime? :)

(well - forget the "etc" as I know Alice has hundreds there! ;) ..but maybe a pic of one or two :) ? )
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you so much for the update on Windwhistle Di :) well done for helping out for the day, I know I would feel the same as you and want to take countless bunnies & piggies home with me!!
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

I spoke to Alice last night (10.2.14), and she has asked me if I could foster a pair of guinea pigs for her.....well what could I say other than.....yes!!!! So sometime in the near future four piggies....... /:) ....no your eyes are not deceiving you..I have said that I will foster four, will be coming to stay with me here until they are ready to be re-homed. They are coming from somewhere down south where there are numerous animals needing to be rescued and re-homed. Alice is taking on another 14/15 bunnies... :-o , and all being well places will be found for the others at rescues around the country.

So I know that Alice is even more grateful and in need of the wonderful help that PaP gives.

I used to foster for the RSPCA a few years ago, but then the boarding side of things really took off and I didn't have any spare accommodation for the rescue bunnies. :( Now, though the brand new indoor house rabbit/guinea pig accommodation is almost finished so I will have space for these piggies. Wheep, wheep....... :x :x :x