Windwhistle Warren

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
susie bun

Re: What's happening at Windwhistle Warren

Post by susie bun »

So many lovely buns, all so different. I would love to visit a rescue but don't have a local one.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

What great bunny photos glad you had a good day at Windwhistle Mrs Bunnykins :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
The Sunny Bunnies

Post by The Sunny Bunnies »

A few bunnies have gone off to their forever homes and yet more have arrived.

Biscuit has been with us for some time and was being over looked as she is 5 years old.
Pirate lost his partner and his parents wanted to get a hunbun of a similar age.
So this is Biscuit (left) newly bonded to Pirate.

This lad is the latest arrival (well he was as of last weekend, although that has probably changed during the week).
This afternoon I should find out what name Alice has chosen for him. This little chap is now Ollie.
Last edited by The Sunny Bunnies on 16 Feb 2013 19:51, edited 1 time in total.
Sal
A Windwhistle Warren volunteer
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

Very cute thanks for the update.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Gorgeous bunnies. :x
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Hello Biscuit, Pirate and Ollie. :-bd :-h :-h :x :x :x

Sal,thanks for the update and photos. I've booked myself in for another visit next month. :D :D :D No doubt I'll be on piggy pampering duties.... :D :D :D
bunlover

Post by bunlover »

lovely to keep everyone updated! send my love to alice and aplogies i dont get down so often, tell her santi and minty (adopted from her a while back ) are doing well and are very happy with their husbun arthur and their neighbour coco xx
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

11th March is my next visit to see and help Alice. :-bd Once again I will take my camera and photo some of the beautiful bunnies and piggies.........and then pop them on here.
bunniesgalore

Post by bunniesgalore »

The buns are all gorgeous. Can't wait for more photos-it's great to hear from 'behind the scenes'.
The Sunny Bunnies

Post by The Sunny Bunnies »

I had an email from Alice on Friday evening - could I buy some parsley and tasty bits on my way to the rescue on Sat as there were a number of poorly animals. So I called in to the supermarket on route and filled a basket with herbs, watercress and rocket, the lady at the checkout was a bit surprised but didn’t say anything although I could see she was dying to.

Yesterday was a sunny day at Windwhistle and the majority of bunnies were able to get out in the runs and enjoy some sunshine.

Last week was a tough one for Alice, sadly Dora one of our long term bunnies passed away on Tuesday leaving a lonely Golightly. They have been in rescue for over 3 years.

Ollie, (photo in my previous post) was neutered and has struggled with his recovery so Alice has been syringe feeding him.

Athena was spayed and had something not quite right with her uterus so ended up having a major operation. She seems to be recovering okay but has needed some extra tasty bits to encourage her to eat, and her husbun has been keeping her warm with snuggles.

One of the young buns, Cheryl, went in to be spayed and the Vet couldn’t find her uterus. She is still with her brother who was neutered a while ago so hopefully they can stay together but we will have to look for a special home for them. She is recovering well

And a guinea pig has been poorly so Alice has been syringe feeding him but he looked a bit brighter yesterday.

We have had 3 bunnies come in, two from a home where the lady had to go into hospital and couldn’t keep them. And a third, a male, who had been living in a home were he was let out and chased by children and the family dog, not surprisingly the owner said the rabbit is aggressive – really, I wonder why!
Sal
A Windwhistle Warren volunteer