Post by sdf76 »

Just bumping this up for Alice.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
sdf76

Re: What's happening atWindwhistle Warren/A special appeal

Post by sdf76 »

This beautiful rex rabbit is Xena.

A family originally bought her and her sister from Cotswold Farm Park. Unfortunately, Xena's sister was killed by a fox. Poor traumatised Xena was then handed over to us.
Initially (and understandably) a little standoffish when she came to us in August 2014, Xena has calmed down quite a bit since. She is remarkably patient when being handled, and is more friendly now. However, she is very bored and lonely here; she is now showing symptoms of depression. Upon meeting her, it is immediately obvious that she is a highly intelligent rabbit who will need a lot of mental stimulation to keep her happy. Any potential homes would need to offer her plenty of space with lots of toys and activities.

Looking at the pictures, you may notice that Xena has a rip in one of her ears. This is the result of a bonding that sadly did not work out. The rip in her ear does not affect her at all; we all think that it gives her more character, and does not detract from her elegant beauty!

Xena needs to live with a patient, understanding owner who won't mind bonding her gently and slowly with a suitable husbun. No one can understand why Xena is still here! She is a unique rabbit who needs so much more. If you have room in your life for this special girl, please contact us.

http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/

Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

She is beautiful, I hope she finds a lovely home and husbun :)
rabbitapril

Post by rabbitapril »

Hoping she finds a lovely home soon.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

As well as rabbbits Alice is also looking for homes for several guinea pigs.

Check this stunner out, his name is Harley and he's a 1 year old neutered boar looking for a home to call his own. We are hoping to pair him up with Madame Puddleduck once he's infertile. He currently lounges on his sofa next to her and chats through the bars ;)

And this is Madame Puddleduck. She's also around a year old and a bit of a bossy boots so we've not yet been able to pair her with another sow. We are hoping Harley can control her ;) she's a good natured handleable chunky pig. Fingers crossed for the intros in a week or so!

And here are two cheeky young boars, Roger the Dodger and Dennis the Menace. They came in as owner surrender and had unfortunately fallen out so they live separately side by side. We have noticed that if their cages are moved away from each other that they call for each other! We hope to see if they can be rebonded as they obviously love each other a lot. They are always perched up on the top of their houses surveying the area and are very chatty. Always make people smile who come to visit!

Image Image

If you would like to adopt guinea pigs from Windwhistle Warren please email 'windwhistlewarren@gmail.com' and we will send you our rehoming questionnaire. Thanks
sdf76

Re: What's happening atWindwhistle Warren/new pics 2nd June

Post by sdf76 »

message from Alice......

"Remember to help your furries keep cool in this weather!"

(though obviously don't make them lie on it if they don't like it- sue :) )
Apache

Re: What's happening atWindwhistle Warren/new pics 2nd June

Post by Apache »

Aww the piggies are gorgeous :x
sdf76

Re: What's happening atWindwhistle Warren

Post by sdf76 »

Alice at Windwhistle Warren Rescue boards rabbits and guinea pigs to raise funds to help with the veterinary costs of the rabbits and guineas at her Rescue.
If you are thinking of boarding your rabbits or guinea pigs for the holidays, I can say from personal experience that they would be well looked after with Alice :) and here's another testimony from someone else too. :)

A little while ago I put up a video of Roobun for rehoming. I was looking after him at home and didn't think he would bond with my girls. I went away on holiday for two weeks and whilst I was away all my fur babies stayed in boarding at the warren with Alice. Not only does she do a fabulous job of looking after boarders whether they are easy going or have special needs. She also does bondings and I have to say it's something she's very good at!
I went to pick up my babies yesterday to a wonderful surprise... She had managed to bond these three!
I am so happy! They have come home and seem to be settling down, they are a very lively trio who need lots of stimulation but all three are such beautiful bunnies.
There are so many more at the rescue who need wonderful forever homes, bondings can be arranged and if you go away your bunnies can always go back into boarding. It's always a delight to see rescue bunnies back on their holidays!
I hope everybun is enjoying the sunshine

sdf76

Re: What's happening atWindwhistle Warren(boarding-pic 26th

Post by sdf76 »

Alice at Windwhistle usually has 80 to 100 rabbits at her rescue at any one time ( plus many guinea pigs ) but she rehomes many of those rabbits and guinea-pigs every month. :)

Here are some examples of bunnies she has rescued who have now found loving homes. :)

Odin, a giant, dumped in a local village with another giant. Sadly, only Odin was rescued. But, look at him in his house home with hunbun Dusty, ex Windwhistler.

Badger, a bit of a nuisance to his previous owner. Now much loved with Rosie mini lop.

Bean, another unwanted rabbit. Lived for 3 years in a 3 foot cage. Now, so happy, in loving home with Simba lionhead.