Windwhistle Warren

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
The Sunny Bunnies

Re: What's happening at Windwhistle Warren

Post by The Sunny Bunnies »

I’m feeling a bit guilty today as the snow has prevented me from going over to the rescue this weekend for my cleaning out shift. I can’t remember the last time I missed a weekend……probably the last time it snowed! But at least it has given me a chance to try and get to grips with photobucket.

Because Alice has been unwell we have had a bit of a slow start to the year.

I believe Hector & Tilly were the last rabbits we took in at the end of last year.

Penny was the first rabbit to be rehomed in 2013. She has gone to be waited on by a lovely retired couple, she has the run of the house and the garden (weather permitting). Penny found her time in rescue quite difficult but the couple were more than happy to look beyond that.

Silvester & Logan were reserved some time ago but it took the couple a while to sort out their accommodation. They are now in their forever home. (sorry but I don’t have a photo of Logan & Silvester’s isn’t great).

And after nearly 2 years in rescue Cookie has gone to her forever home.

Sorry about the photo sizes, photobucket & I are still getting acquainted!
Sal
A Windwhistle Warren volunteer
The Sunny Bunnies

I have had a few enquiries and homechecks to sort, sadly they haven’t been up to much. One had a small chicken coop style hutch that they thought was wonderful, it was way too small, another had a female she didn’t want to get spayed and another had their rabbit taken by a fox as he was free-range in an area of the garden. It seems a lot of my work involves educating people – some do listen. The home where the rabbit had free-range is going to build a large aviary and adopt a pair from us.

Biscuit is reserved subject to her bonding with a bunny called Pirate, so paws crossed for her.

Rosie has been reserved and I’m in the process of sorting out her home check.

There have been a few enquires about guinea pigs, unfortunately there seem to be more being given up than homes offered.

I hope to have some more photos to post soon, one of the volunteers has taken some, I’m just waiting for her to send them through.
Sal
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Sal. thanks for the update. :-bd Both sad and happy news.

I'm really looking forward to visiting Alice on 27th Jan. Fingers crossed for good weather.

Well done for mastering photobucket. :-bd :ymhug:

Keet safe and warm.

Di. xx
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

It must be so disappointing when people don't listen to your advice :(

Can't wait to see the photo's :)
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Here's some photos, taken on 27th Jan 2013.

Sorry, I only know the first bunny's name...... :ymblushing:

Dear little Scotty.... :x :x

And more beautiful bunnies. :-bd :-* :-* :-* :-*

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :x :x :x :x
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

Bunnies are adorable. :x
The Sunny Bunnies

It was lovely to see you yesterday Di.

Thank you for posting the photos.

Dear little Scottie, everyone falls for his charms, I’ve nicknamed him ‘snotty scotty’ because he has pasturella. He is the guardian of the piggy loft. He can be a bit of a naughty bun, if it is time for his meds then you won’t be able to find him.

The first pair are Ross & Monica, both adopted from Windwhistle Warren but had to return when the lady had to move out of her house. I fostered Ross before he was adopted and he is such a gentle soul, I was so sad when he had to return.

The Rex is Poirot, one of Alice’s buns. That is a lovely photo of him.

The next photo is Robin, she can be such a madam. The bit missing from her ear is where it was eaten by rats. I love her because she is so full of mischief but you need to be on your guard with her, she is boss and don’t you forget it!

The two in the dog bed are Jacob and Sarah-Jane, they belong to Alice. Sarah-Jane had to have an eyelid tuck so Alice decided to adopt her. Little Jacob is a Polish (I believe) he is tiny, smaller than most of the guinea pigs.

I’m not sure who that is in the last photo, I think it might be either Peanut or Pickle.
Sal
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Lovely to see photos of the bunnies. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Sal, thank you for putting names to the faces. :-bd

It was lovely to see you again, well it's always lovely to see you, Alice and the helpers.......and of course the dogs, bunnies, guineas, ducks, geese, chickens, guinea fowl, Alice's dad and of course......Derek. Alice's OH. :-bd Mr. Windwhistle as I call him.

Hopefully I will be able to make another visit next month. :) :-bd
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Mrs. Bunnykins wrote:Sal, thank you for putting names to the faces. :-bd

It was lovely to see you again, well it's always lovely to see you, Alice and the helpers.......and of course the dogs, bunnies, guineas, ducks, geese, chickens, guinea fowl, Alice's dad and of course......Derek. Alice's OH. :-bd Mr. Windwhistle as I call him.

Hopefully I will be able to make another visit next month. :) :-bd

I'm so envious of you getting to visit Windwhistle I wish I was nearer :)