Windwhistle Warren

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
The Sunny Bunnies

Windwhistle Warren

Post by The Sunny Bunnies »

As the Windwhistle Warren representative on this forum I thought I would start a thread about what’s happening at Windwhistle and try and keep it up dated with a weekly post.

I visit the rescue every weekend to do a cleaning out shift, I answer the email enquiries that come through the website, I have a pair of foster buns and I sort out the rabbit home checks so I know quite a bit about what’s going on. I don’t get involved with the guinea pigs that much but I occasionally help to clean them out.

Thankfully I don’t have to deal with the people wanting to give up their animals, or make the difficult decision of who we take in as Alice deals with all that. My reports won’t tell you everything that is happening at the rescue but they will give you a good idea.

I decided to try and keep careful track of the rabbits this year so last Sunday I made a list. There were 57 rescue rabbits, although 9 were in foster homes. There were 18 which ‘belong’ to Alice and 7 in boarding.

Once I have mastered photobucket I will post some photos.
Sal
A Windwhistle Warren volunteer
sdf76

Re: What's happening at Windwhistle Warren

Post by sdf76 »

That's a really good idea Sal. :) I look forward to following the thread. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Thank you for this news about Windwhistle. I have had sponsor bunnies in the past who came to sanctuary via Windwhistle, although they have passed away now.

I would love to live near enough a rescue to do that kind of volunteering.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

Thanks for the update. It seems like such a long since I have been up to help.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you so much Sal, this is a brilliant idea for us to follow the work that you all do at Windwhistle Warren :)

If you have problems with photos you can email them to me and I can put them on this thread for you :)
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Hi Sal, lovely idea of yours. :-bd You know that Windwhistle and Alice are very close to my heart. :ymhug: :ymhug: I will be eagerly looking forward to your updates. :-bd

Estelle and Frankie are both fit and well. Peggy pig is still going at the grand old age of 7 1/3 !!!! Pirate, Bridie and Connie the piggies I adopted in November are fat, fit and extremely cheeky!!!!! All c/o Windwhistle.

Myself and Karen Bearcroft (who adopted Mary bunny a few years ago to live with Rupert), are going to WW on 27th January to offer our help and support. My usual job is cleaning out the guineas........ :x :x :x . To be honest though, I don't care which animals I clean out, so long as it helps Alice.

Sending you, Alice and all the furries love and best wishes.

Di. xx
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

Look forward to some photos
Mummy to the Rabsville Bunnies

Pledge a Pound Jewellery10% Pot Total £4.00
Donated via paypal 8/11/13

Oxo Rabswood a little fighter!
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Rabswood wrote:Look forward to some photos
Yes it would be good if we could have a few photos of the bunnies and guinea-pigs at Alice's. :)
I took a few pics when I went there with Gulliver but some up to date pics would be good.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

What a great idea Sal, I'm very much looking forward to hearing what's happening at Windwhistle :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

I'll try to remember to take my camera on my visit on 27 Jan.

Now photos of what I wonder? Bunnies, piggies, Alice, dogs, chickens, geese, guinea fowl, ducks, cats..........herd of wildebeest!!!!! :)) :))