Bentley and his Flower Girls

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Bunnyaddict

Re: Bentley and his Flower Girls

Post by Bunnyaddict »

Tracy wrote:After two and a half very happy weeks, the bond failed yesterday. I am absolutely gutted. They made such a lovely group and were so happy and snuggly together.

I got home from work yesterday to find some clumps of fur around the playhouse, so I knew something had happened during the day. Everything was calm though and they all looked happy and relaxed. Then for no apparent reason, well at least not as far as I could see, Poppy and Pansy starting fighting. Bentley joined in, but he didn't start it. It was horrible. I grabbed Bentley (not easy when he's 6.5kg) and as I was restraining him, Pansy started having a go at him too. Daisy was the only one not involved, she had the sense to stay well out of the way.

I was horrified to find a clump of fur off one of the girls with a piece of skin attached to it, so I got the three of them inside to check them over. Poppy and Pansy both have some bites on their backs, but poor Poppy had a nasty wound on her lower stomach area which is where bit of skin I found must have come from. We went straight to the vets with them and Poppy had to have the wound stitched. They've had antiobiotics and pain relief too. I'm back at the vets with them later, just for a check up on Poppy's wound.

The three girls have now settled back down together, and Bentley is on his own again wondering where his friends have gone. I can only think that adding Bentley into the mix has changed the hierarchy for the three girls. They are sisters and have always been together without any problem, so I think it's better that they just stay as a threesome.

All in all I've had a rubbish week....Herbie had to have an unexpected dental on Monday (only 2 weeks since his last one), Saffron stopped eating on Wednesday evening so I had to rush her to the vets (she's OK now) and yesterday we had the big fight.
Oh Tracy I am so sorry :( I'm gutted for you & for them :(

What a nightmare week you've had too with your other bunnies :(

(((hugs))) to you xxx