Munch's Story

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
holidayhutch

Munch's Story

Post by holidayhutch »

This was Munch when she came to us last summer

Munch came to us as a he and was dropped off in a plastic storage box by a lady from Social Services. Munch had belonged as a house bunny to an elderly gentleman that sadly had to be sectioned, so they needed someone to look after Munch until he was fit to return home.

Unfortunately Social Services did not pay their bill and got a bit nasty when we called chasing payment, to the extent that we were told to destroy the rabbit in that case as the old man would know no different it was there or not as he was "Mental" :twisted:

We obviously ignored this, absorbed the cost ourselves and during this time discovered he was in fact a she. As it was the summer we decided to try Munch outside as we couldn't continue to have her as a house bun indefinitely. I have never seen a rabbit take to a hutch so quickly and she soon made herself at home. The dilemma then was what to do with her. BARC kindly offered to take her when they had space, but during the wait we fell in love with her and I pleaded with the OH to let her stay. He said there was no way we could have 2 pairs, as we already had Monty and Milly, so I said o.k what about a trio. He thought I was mad as I have never bonded before, but said that if I could do it she could stay. The next day I set about bonding and within 15 minutes they were all loved up and grooming each other eating hay happily and we've never looked back. This is Munch nowadays keeping a look out from the run.

mini lop1

Re: Munch's Story

Post by mini lop1 »

:D :D awww she is lovely
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

what a sad story but a happy ending :D

munch is gorgeous!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Awwwww she's beautiful.
loppy ears

Post by loppy ears »

Glad to see a happy ending to a sad story, Munch is lovely.
Doodle-Piper

Post by Doodle-Piper »

What a lovely story and beautiful bunny, what a lucky girl finding you.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

So glad she found her way to you for a happy ending :x
Bunnyaddict

Post by Bunnyaddict »

Awwww I remember when you got Munch, Lynne - she's beautiful & a very lucky little lady :x
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

She's very pretty :x
Pomandri

Post by Pomandri »

Munch is adorable, very pretty. :)