Dodgers story

We love to share photos and stories about our furry friends
Hunnybunny2007

Dodgers story

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Hello everyone, a lot of you know me already, I’m Dodger the PaP spokesbun and general correspondent :)

When I was younger I had a ring on my leg because I came from a place where they breed bunnies, they thought I wasn’t good enough to show because my teeth were funny and stuck out of my mouth and made it difficult for me to eat, so they took me to another place called a rescue.

I was very sad being on my own so the lady at the rescue let me live with a girl bunny, she had a runny eye and nose and I had poorly teeth which needed to be burred regularly, the lady said no one would want us, although this made us very sad, we loved each other and would snuggle together in our hutch and dream our turn would come to have a real home.

Then one day another lady came and fell in love with us, she took us home with her and we got the chance to run on grass and were given lots of nice things to eat. The new lady said she was our mummy (I didn’t think we looked like her, as her ears aren’t long enough, but we didn’t want to upset her as she was kind to us) we hadn’t been given names at the rescue, so she said I was Dodger and my friend was Gizmo.
My horrible teefs

Gorgeous Gizmo enjoying outside playtime - we went back indoors at night

We had to go to a place called the vets and I had my horrible teeth removed, as well as my plums, mummy said I didn’t need any of them. Gizmo had some medicine and she didn’t like it, but it did make her better and her eye and nose got better, Gizmo was very pretty without her snotty nose and I loved her more.

We lived indoors through the winter and were very happy, then one morning Gizmo wouldn’t wake up, I kept licking her until she was wet, I was sad, loney and frightened and when mummy came in and found Gizmo she cried, Gizmo is now resting in the garden and some pretty flowers grow where she is.

I lived on my own for a few weeks and mummy said she was looking for a gummy bunny like me so we could live together, but then one morning I felt funny and kept falling over, mummy rushed me to the vets and I had lots and lots of medicine for weeks, mummy and the vet lady tried different things and nothing made me better.

I had a special pillow to rest my head on

Mummy couldn’t cuddle me because I kept rolling around, so she would lay on the floor next to me and rub my head, she said I would be okay and not to be sad, lots of weeks passed and I got worse and mummy was getting very upset, so I had to have these injection things, they weren’t nice but they helped me and one day I could stand properly and not roll around. I gradually got stronger and could come out of my cage, I had to learn to look at things differently, but it’s not a problem now, and mummy said I look even cuter.

I haven’t got a wifey yet, because she will have to be very caring and not be bossy or push me around, and you have to wait for someone that special, but I know she's there waiting for me :x

So that’s my story, I’m a lucky bunny because I found a mummy that didn’t give up on me :x
hurricanhoney

Re: Dodgers story

Post by hurricanhoney »

You are a very lucky bunny Dodger :x Thank you for sharing your story.
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Thank you for sharing your story with us, Dodger. :x It brought a wee tear to my eye. :ymblushing:
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

susie bun wrote:Thank you for sharing your story with us, Dodger. :x It brought a wee tear to my eye. :ymblushing:
Dodger says don't be sad Susie bun, I am a happy bunny now with a very important job :)
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

susie bun wrote:Thank you for sharing your story with us, Dodger. :x It brought a wee tear to my eye. :ymblushing:
You are not alone in the tears department... they were streaming by the end :ymblushing:
Dodger you are :x :x :x
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

=((

you are a very special boy dodger :ymhug:
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

Take care Dodger.
Mummy to the Rabsville Bunnies

Pledge a Pound Jewellery10% Pot Total £4.00
Donated via paypal 8/11/13

Oxo Rabswood a little fighter!
rabbitapril

Post by rabbitapril »

Ahw, Dodger you are so brave. :x
So is your mummy :)
Apache

Post by Apache »

Another one now looking at a blurry screen..

Dodger you are very beautiful :x :x and very lucky to have such a lovely Mummy x x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

What a lovely story and a lovely bunny :) , brought a tear to my eye too
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr