Golden Oldies - mature rabbits looking for homes

Rabbits looking for forever homes
Hunnybunny2007

Golden Oldies - mature rabbits looking for homes

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

This thread is for the rescues to highlight any older/mature bunnies that are looking for homes :)
rabbitapril

Re: Golden Oldies - mature rabbits looking for homes

Post by rabbitapril »

No oldies lookin for homes??
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

rabbitapril wrote:No oldies lookin for homes??
I think they're too shy to admit to their ages ;)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Alice has one called Joey

http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=23382
sorry best go to link for photo :ymblushing:
More Details:Age: 5
Breed: Dwarf Lop
Sex: Male (Neutered)
Bonded: No
Vaccinated: Yes
Date Added: 04/04/2011
Last Update: 27/08/2012
I've been waiting 17 months for a home!

Update on Joey. Aug 12
Joey is in a foster home and his foster mother is amazed at how clever he is. She is constantly trying to think of different ways to keep him mentally stimulated. Initially he was very frightened when he arrived these, and bit her. But he has now settled down and is much happier.

She says' Joey is a rabbit who you must take the time and patience to get to know. He is remarably intelligent and would be such a rewarding pet for someone who is willing to give him a chance, and the time he needs'.

Joey lived as a house rabbit and his owners have moved overseas. Their friend offered to find a new home for Joey and was aghast when he learned how difficult it was to find a good home for a rabbit.

Joey needed his tear duct in one eye flushing twice as he had an infection. However, his eyes are fine now and there is no reason to think this will reoccur.

When he first came into rescue he was not very handleable. The chap looking after him said he was not easy to pick up. However, I think Joey was terrified and totally unsure as to what was happening to him.

I had to put eye drops in his eyes and the first two days I needed someones assistance as Joey was going beserk, racing up and down in his hutch. He quickly understood I meant him no harm and settled down quickly.

Now, I am able to pick him up to take him to an outdoor run (which he loves). He is not 100% happy with being picked up, and a child would certainly not be able to manage him, but I think an adult should have no problem.

He has become a very affectionate rabbit and loves to have his head stoked and to be kissed.

He is an incredible hay eater, and very clean.

Poor Joey. He has now met two prospective hunbuns and each one seemed to sense his gentle ways and his fear of them. If left to it I am sure there would have been irrepairable damage to all of the rabbits.

I just feel, taking into account his experiences, and his age, of which we are not 100%, he may be older, that Joey deserves a peaceful loving house home, initially as a single house rabbit. I will have to trust his new owner to do the best for Joey, and to put his needs first.

If, after a while, his new owner feels Joey is lonely for bunny company, then I ask they take the further step.

But the whole point is that Joey must come first. I do not think he has ever been paramount in his life, he is such a sweet natured and trusting little chap, he deserves to be.

How to Adopt this Rabbit

Joey is being rehomed through a rescue. For more information or to enquire about adoption please contact:

Windwhistle Warren Rabbit and Guinea Pig Rescue
Gloucestershire
GL14 1QT

Tel: alice@windwhistle2712.fslife.co.uk
Email: alice@windwhistle2712.fslife.co.uk

Details: I run my rescue from home and I am usually able to make appointments at a mutually convenient time! I am happy to answer e mails about general queries. If you need me to ring you please advise a land line number if at all possible. My aim is for my rescue rabbits and guinea pigs to have better when they are re homed than I can offer them here.
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
kermit

Post by kermit »

Awww, I hope Joey gets a new home soon.
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I hope so too- It's a shame when people don't want to take on older buns.
sue :)
Furry_Friends

Post by Furry_Friends »

Zoot and Blaise are an older pair who are looking for a home;

Contact/organisation details: Furry Friends in Old Coulsdon. Please PM me on here, email furry_friends_rescue@hotmail.com or call Anna on 0751 568 4921. We recommend calling us as we can't always check our emails daily.
Does the animal have rescue back up?: Yes for the rest of their life.
Number of animals: 2
Sex: 1x Male and 1x Female.
Age(s): Zoot (male) is 6 years old and Blaise (female) is 4 years old.
Name(s): Zoot and Blaise.
Neutered: Yes and vaccinated, wormed and seen by a vet.
Reason for rehoming: Previous owners are moving abroad.
Will the group be split: No. These two must stay together.
Other: Very friendly rabbits!

Ceri

Post by Ceri »

Aw bless. I loooove Joey! I wonder if my 3 would like a friend :-\ Hope they all find homes soon :x
bunlover

Post by bunlover »

aww i love older buns i have two older bunnies :) sadly i dont have room for additions hope they all find their forever homes soon xxxx
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Yes the old ones do get overlooked. Hoping they can all find homes for Christmas.
sue :)