Welcome and introductions

Don't be shy, say hello and introduce yourself
sdf76

Re: Welcome and introductions

Post by sdf76 »

Hello :-h and a big welcome to Foxie our latest forum member. :)
We're always interested to hear from new members. :)
Have a look at our stories and photos thread? You may want to post photos of your rabbits or guinea pigs?

Just for all new members to know - that in addition to photobucket you can also add photos on here via tinypic.com
http://tinypic.com/
(which I find good as there's no password to remember! :)) )
Hope to hear from you all soon. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

A big welcome and Hello :-h to our newest member Bumble_Bunny :)
we hope you enjoy the forum. :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Hello - welcome to our forum :-h
Gem

Post by Gem »

I'm finally here after not getting an activation email and then the forum not letting me log in, today it has decided to let me play! :-bd

Anyway, I'm sure a few of you know me/ recognise me from either other forums, facebook or twitter L-)

I'm Gem, owned by 7 bunnies, 1 cat and 2 goldfish. Two of the bunnies are as classed as para-pets (disabled basically), one is fighting with EC and advancing arthritis, the other is blind in one eye and due to have it removed at some point.

The other five are just plain bonkers, they are;

Blue & Bandit, M/F neutered pair. Blue is blue :)) and Bandit is a blue harlequin, named for the blue mask on part of her face :) They are 6 and 7 years old respectively, he's healthy as can be, she's our EC/arthritis bun

Ted & Miffy, M/F half neutered pair. 5 and 4 years old respectively. Ted was a rescue, found on a street close to mine. He was/is a dental bun, he had dodgy front teeth when he was found but *touch wood* he's never actually needed a dental. Miffy is a white Lionhead/Nethie cross, small little fluffy thing. She was an impulse pet shop buy for a severely disabled bunny who was incredibly lonely. She has ongoing eye issues, with very limited sight and some form of allergies.

Patch and Dolly, F/F not neutered sister pair. I cannot remember their exact ages but they are around 5/6 years old. Half sisters to Bandit. Patch is the more outgoing, into everything one, Dolly is the quieter more reserved girl. She is blind in one eye. Patch is an orange harlequin and Dolly a lilac harlequin.

Lastly we have little Fudge, neutered M. He's the baby of the group at just over 3 years old. He's a harlequin lionhead. He used to live with Megan (sister to Patch & Dolly) but she passed away about 6 weeks ago. He spends his days out playing with Patch & Dolly. He's a very naughty bunny [-x

That's the bunnies, I lost my job in July so although I have two bonded groups of bunnies they still have to live in their pairs overnight because I cannot afford to buy the new hutches just yet. In case anyone wonders I can afford vet bills but as they have good sized hutches at the moment, upgrading isn't a necessity :(

That's it I think (*)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Hello and welcome :-h

I'm so sorry about the activation emails, we finally (well Adam) sorted it out :)

We are quite a friendly bunch and we always try to help if you have any questions and above all we love to see photo's :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hello & welcome to the forum Gem :) :-h

sorry to hear about Megan :( and hope you find a new job soon.

I have a partially sighted bun(both eyes) but he manages very well.
I don't know what treatment Bandit is on, but we once had a bun called Chelsea who had arthritis, but was dramatically improved with a course of Cartrophen injections ( one a week for 4 weeks) which lasted for about 6months and then repeated. She lived to nearly 12years. We found it an excellent treatment.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hello and a big welcome :-h to our newest member helens :)
Hope to hear from you in stories and photos? and hope you enjoy the forum :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

A warm welcome to the forum and a big hello :-h to suzyjo our newest member :)
look forward to hearing all your news
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hello :-h and a big welcome to Tree our newest member :) .
Hope you enjoy the forum and do tell us a bit about your connections with rabbits or guinea pigs? :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Hello :-h and a big welcome to all our new members :)
- we've had quite a lot of you in the last few days :) :-bd :)

Do come on here and tell us a bit about your involvements with rabbits or guinea pigs? :)
or post some photos in the "Photos and Stories" section? :)

Hope you all enjoy the forum. :)