Welcome and introductions

Don't be shy, say hello and introduce yourself
Bunnyaddict

Re: Welcome and introductions

Post by Bunnyaddict »

Welcome to all the newbies that have recently joined us! :) Lovely to see you all :ymhug:
mollyjoker

Post by mollyjoker »

fluffers wrote:Hello :D

...bit late I know :oops: :oops:

I'm Jenny, married to Chris and I foster & fund-raise for Honeybunnies Rabbit & Guinea Pig rescue.

After losing my own two dear ponies in 2009 & 2011 who I had owned for 22yrs+, we now have a Blue Cross (non ridden) pony 'Peggy' and I look after a friends miniature Shetland 'Nutty' as a companion to Peg :D

We don't have any bunnies of our own as we have chosen to be full time fosterers for Honeybunnies instead :) The sense of fullfillment and pride that fostering brings really is amazing :D When the right home comes along for a bun whose needs you have learned to appreciate and understand you get a warm and fuzzy feel-good feeling that is better than anything you could buy :D :D People ask 'how can you let them go' but when the home is 'right' and they can be given more than I am able to give, there's really nothing easier :D Of course regular updates & photo's are a mandatory part of the re-homing process ;) :lol:
adopted 'Inca', lil nethie house bun from Honeybunnies in February 2010 and since then I've become more and more bunny mad (as oppose to just mad :lol: )

Sadly Inca wasn't with us for long :cry: and she left behind a gap that we will never re-fill :cry: She also left behind an unforgettable legacy and a mummy who is determined to do all that she can (albeit in a very small way) to help improve the welfare of bunnies in the uk :)

Apart from adoring all creatures great & small, I get a real 'kick' out of relieving people of their hard earned cash :o :lol: :lol: ....especially when it's for charity ;) So as well as fostering for Jill and the Honeybunnies, I enjoy trying to raise some pennies too :D

PAP is a wonderful charity. A fantastic gathering of minds, warm hearts and determined souls. I'm very proud to be a part of the group *waves PAP flag* :D :D
What a lovely post .Love your ''adoring all creatures great and small'' just how i feel.Best of luck with fostering and finding homes for some of life,s forgotten pets.
willowholly

Post by willowholly »

Hello,my name is Nic.I have three beautiful housebunnies.Barley(B as in Bea)is my 5 year old frenchie.Her buddy is Dill(Dilly)who was rescued by Honeybunnies & lived with us two & a half years and lastly Casper(Cas),he was found wandering our local cemetery for at least 4 days,we took him in temporarily,but he stole our hearts & here he stays.We think he was no more than two months old when found.Lovely to see you all. :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

willowholly wrote:Hello,my name is Nic.I have three beautiful housebunnies.Barley(B as in Bea)is my 5 year old frenchie.Her buddy is Dill(Dilly)who was rescued by Honeybunnies & lived with us two & a half years and lastly Casper(Cas),he was found wandering our local cemetery for at least 4 days,we took him in temporarily,but he stole our hearts & here he stays.We think he was no more than two months old when found.Lovely to see you all. :)
Hello and welcome hope you visit often and have fun :)
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Hi, I'm Diane and currently own two adopted bunnies from Windwhistle warren and two guinea pigs, one of which is also from Windwhistle.

The buns are Frankie and Estelle and the piggies are Trilby and Peggy. :) :)

I have owned bunnies and piggies since 1995.

I love helping raise funds, clean out, re-home in fact anything to help these lovely animals I will have a go at.

Looking forward to participating on this forum.

Be gentle with me as I am at a certain age. 8-|
tiger_lily

Post by tiger_lily »

Mrs. Bunnykins wrote:Hi, I'm Diane and currently own two adopted bunnies from Windwhistle warren and two guinea pigs, one of which is also from Windwhistle.

The buns are Frankie and Estelle and the piggies are Trilby and Peggy. :) :)

I have owned bunnies and piggies since 1995.

I love helping raise funds, clean out, re-home in fact anything to help these lovely animals I will have a go at.

Looking forward to participating on this forum.

Be gentle with me as I am at a certain age. 8-|
Hello! You came :ymhug:

Lots of handmade items for sale at http://craftywarren.weebly.com
Mrs. Bunnykins

Post by Mrs. Bunnykins »

Eventually I managed it!!!

Miracles do happen!

Thanks for the virtual hug.

See you on the forum. Yaaaaay. xx
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

Hello Nic & Diane :-h Great to see you both here :D
HopperHaven

Post by HopperHaven »

Hello,
I am Louise, manager of Hopper Haven. When I'm not cleaning hutches, or sticking needles in rabbits (currently 8 of them need daily jabs :( ), or filling bellies, I like to grow veg - many hutches were covered in trays of veg this year. I'm turning the sanctuary into a f'orest garden, where every plant is edible, or useful. Doing this with such a lot of plant predators about is challenging to say the least. And I don't just mean the slugs. I am also currently a bit obsessed with making bread. And compost. Not at the same time, or at least not without washing my hands in between.

Apart from 113 rabbits and 61 guinea pigs we have two rescue dogs.

I live with my Mum, who had the bad judgement to say yes when I asked if I could put a few rescue rabbits in her garden while I found new homes for them. Needless to say that got a bit out of hand and I had to give up my own house and move in with her to look after the hoard that came flocking to Hopper Haven. My youngest son lives here too. My eldest son is at a residential college for young people with autism and my middle son is at Uni in Bristol.
Best Wishes
Louise
http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk
Home of a Hundred Happy Hoppers
4LittlePaws

Post by 4LittlePaws »

Hello!

I'm Lauren, and I have 2 bunnies Peppermint and Chamomile. They are brother and sister and live in a large insulated shed in my garden, they have a built on run and full access to my garden most days. I love them to bits, I especially love to see them snuggling together - they are a proper pair of snuggle bunnies! :x

I also have 5 lovely cats - Snoopy, Roo, Charley, Gambon and Gypsy. They are all rescues, and both Gypsy and Snoopy turned up at my door one day in need of food and shelter, and decided they might like to stay!

Looking forward to chatting with you all xx
4 Little Paws
http://www.4littlepaws.co.uk
Online pet supplies and gifts - Care 4 your little pet the natural way!

Bunny mum to Chamomile and Peppermint, and catty mum to Roo, Charley, Gambon, Gypsey and Snoopy!