Hello From Nibbles

Don't be shy, say hello and introduce yourself
Nibbles Rescue

Hello From Nibbles

Post by Nibbles Rescue »

My name is Siobhan and I run Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue located in Pembrokeshire West-Wales along with Rachel. Nibbles opened in January '15 after I was asked to help with a local case involving, what turned out to be, over 120 rabbits. I searched for more local help but my searches only highlight just how little rescue support these animals had throughout Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, & Ceredigion. Needless to say many of these rabbits had to be moved to rescues all over the UK and thanks to the support of The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund we managed this incredible rescue in 4 months. In fact is was Ros, from RWAF who gave me the information about your great group.

Since opening 6 months ago (almost to the day) we have helped over 150 rabbits, including 16 rex rabbits who were going to be shot by their breeder/owner, 4 rabbits (mother, father and 2 sons) who were also living as a mixed sex group, 2 french lops brothers who's owner died but had been living in an un-neutered mixed sex group and as a result of fighting Thor received a server injury to his left eye and due to potential on-going issues, him and his brother Odin (both now neutered) have been offered sanctuary at Nibbles for the rest of their days. We have also take in little Peter rabbit who's owner was urgently moved into sheltered accommodation and Peter was brought to us by a concerned neighbour. We are another 3 rabbits arriving over the next 2 days and another 5 waiting to come in. We currently have 25 rabbits in our care and are slowly (when funding allows) working through getting them all neutered and vaccinated so they can go on to find their forever homes.

We have also taken in 23 mice, 2 chinchillas and Daisy-May and elderly syrian hamster on her 3rd home in her short life. Daisy-May has also been granted sanctuary due to an inoperable tumour.

We have come a long way in 6 months but still have a long way to go. I am lucky enough to have achieved one of my dreams in life, to purchase a small holding! So Nibbles HQ is located within approximately 1/4 of an acre of that holding. So we have plenty of space, we have raised enough funds to buy 5 hutches (4x kendal combos and 1x double 6ft hutch) - when we started out all the rabbits where housed in dog crates in my small back room. However, we still have a LONG way to go before we have a fully operational centre which can make a long term and lasting difference to the unwanted rodents and rabbits of West-Wales. We would be grateful for any support your group would be able to provide, especially in finding homes for our bunnies which are ready to leave. Currently we have the adorable bonded pair Gary & Clover who are such sweeties but like many bunnies not to keen on being picked up and 3 stunning blue rex bucks who are all very friendly and are looking for a home with an existing wife bun. All our bunnies can be found on our website at www.nibbles.org.uk.

Thank you for the add to the group and we wish you all the success in the world with your group.
Nibbles Rodent & Rabbit Rescue
Registered Chairty no: 1168657
Pembrokeshire
http://www.nibbles.org.uk
http://www.facebook.com/nibbleswestwales
team@nibbles.org.uk
Paypal: donations@nibbles.org.uk