JJS

Re: Welcome and introductions

Post by JJS »

Hello Jen !!
barnyardbunnies

Post by barnyardbunnies »

Hello I am Amanda

I am very very slow with computer technology so bear with me, I will probably forget how to get in again and need help. Forget the chances of me getting a ciggy on.

I have had rabbits for 13 years, this coming December. My first 2 were black bunnies, brother and sister from the Animal Samaritians. BB lived to 7.5 and his sister GB to 9. Never a days illness. I now know we were lucky. Both passed away suddenly of old age. Although GB was the result of being scared by a fox sadly.

I then got Sunshine who passed away recently, of old age, suddenly and without any illness either, as a companion for GB. Again from the Animal Samaritians. He was 4 or 5 at the time I got him, So Sunshine was 8 or 9 when he passed away. When GB passed away I got Nancy from another rescue. She passed away in February at the vets.

Now I have Cutie-pie and Mr Bennett. Mr Bennett is an Arc bunny and very very norty. :)) Cutie-pie was rescued from breeders in a raid in London. She was guessed to be 5 years old, was living in appalling conditions and is a very nervous bunny, although we have built up some trust now. They freerange inside. Cutie-pie is a dental bunny but fortunately has only needed one since February.

I have 3 chinchillas. Babydarling, Kat and Little Nylon. Little Nylon is their daughter. I have had mum and dad for 8 years now and baby was born a year later. They are rescues but was told they were 2 females. A year later a baby appeared. Had Babydarling neutered and thankfully Kat was not pregnant again. They live in a huge parrot cage in our living room.

Babydarling was very ill this year with a serious eye and tear duct infection. I really thought we would lose him, as the abx were not working after several months of use. A tear duct flush finally cleared the infection.

I had a beautiful cat Brunhilda for 17.5 years. When she passed away 2 years ago James took it so hard he can't have another cat yet.
Honey61

Post by Honey61 »

:-h :-h To all the new recruits .... Welcome aboard :D
happybunny22000

Post by happybunny22000 »

I'm DOminique

I have 4 bunnies at the mo, having just lost one sadly. One is currently inside at the moment ubdergoing treatment. You wi no doubt hear sbout crunchie!

I have 1 ceazy border collie - Beau and four cats. Two of which are crazy kittens!!
Debster

Post by Debster »

fluffers wrote:I'm wondering if there should be some sort of forfeit for those joining and not introducing themselves on here. I know of a few.... ;) :p
:ymblushing: :-ss

Hello everyone, I'm Debbie and I have 2 male bunnies. They are Timmy (Dutch) and Pickle (Dwarf Lop) and they are 2 years old. They were from P@H, though now my eyes have been opened to rabbit rescues, I'd like to adopt some more when I have a bigger garden :)

I help out at Crawley Guineapig (and Rabbit!) Rescue and sometimes foster rabbits for them.
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

helloooooo :-h
Loog

Post by Loog »

fluffers wrote:I'm wondering if there should be some sort of forfeit for those joining and not introducing themselves on here. I know of a few.... ;) :p
:ymblushing: :ymblushing: Very late introduction......sorry Jen!!

Hello everyone....We are Lee, Sian and Holly and the proud family of Bouncer. For those of you who are familiar with this little character, you may also know him as Emperor Sir Bouncer the Great :-bd =))

Our first house bunny was Buttons - a dwarf lop adopted from a pet centre. A dwarf lop sounded like a great idea for a small pet........not so small :-o =)) Turns out that description refers to their ears!! Sadly, Buttons had a troubled health history and we nursed him throughout his life. We were heartbroken when he passed away. The house was so empty without little paws coming to greet you and we felt we had lots of love to give another bunny. We started searching on RU for bunnies that needed a home. Lee spotted an appeal for a little guy called Bouncer who had been looking for a home for over 12 months.

JIll and Jenny at Honeybunnies were fabulous and we were able to meet Bouncer in his foster home.......and fell in love with him. Turns out that Jenny and I are as daft as one another when it comes to bunnies ;) :)) Bouncer is a wonderful house bunny and certainly keeps us entertained.

We like to do what we can to help raise money for the bunnies........rescues do a wonderful job :ymhug:
RIP little Buttons, taken long before your time was due, always in our hearts and never forgotten :(

RIP Bouncer the great, you brought so much joy to our family and kept us hoomans 'in check' :(
fluffers

Post by fluffers »

Loog wrote:
:ymblushing: :ymblushing: Very late introduction......sorry Jen!!

Hello everyone....We are Lee, Sian and Holly and the proud family of Bouncer. For those of you who are familiar with this little character, you may also know him as Emperor Sir Bouncer the Great :-bd =))

Our first house bunny was Buttons - a dwarf lop adopted from a pet centre. A dwarf lop sounded like a great idea for a small pet........not so small :-o =)) Turns out that description refers to their ears!! Sadly, Buttons had a troubled health history and we nursed him throughout his life. We were heartbroken when he passed away. The house was so empty without little paws coming to greet you and we felt we had lots of love to give another bunny. We started searching on RU for bunnies that needed a home. Lee spotted an appeal for a little guy called Bouncer who had been looking for a home for over 12 months.

JIll and Jenny at Honeybunnies were fabulous and we were able to meet Bouncer in his foster home.......and fell in love with him. Turns out that Jenny and I are as daft as one another when it comes to bunnies ;) :)) Bouncer is a wonderful house bunny and certainly keeps us entertained.

We like to do what we can to help raise money for the bunnies........rescues do a wonderful job :ymhug:
Yay :-h Welcome to Bouncers family :-h Great to have you on board :-bd :x
Kareen

Post by Kareen »

Hello everyone. I am Kareen, I run Fife rabbit rescue which I started 6.5 yrs ago, during that time I have re-homed well over 500 rabbits, all neutered and vaccinated and paired. It has been hard work but well worth it :)
I am married to Gary, have 5 children and two grand sons. We have 6 of our own rabbits, 2 springer spaniels, 6 hens, 2 cats and 2 gerbils :)

The dedicated people that support rescues are just great ^:)^ having people who appreciate what rescues do make such a difference, sometimes this is a thankless lonely job,but seeing poorly animals thrive and have people rally round to give support is very heartwarming thanks everyone xxxx
Kareen...Owner of Fife Rabbit Rescue.

http://www.fiferabbitrescue.co.uk
mollyjoker

Post by mollyjoker »

Molly joker here just joined.
Pledge a Pound is such a gret cause.
Anyway I am Duncan an older male living in Newcastle and we have
4 bunnies Molly from a pet shop who lives with Joker a rescue bunny
Mabel found as a stray and despite attempts to find her home
we kept her as she is so gorgeous she is now bonded after a long process with
Smokey unwanted on Gumtree.. :)