Mouse - Suspected EC

Please feel free to ask advice on health issues, but remember, this is not a substitute for taking your rabbit to the vets if it is sick.
Hunnybunny2007

Re: Mouse - Suspected EC

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

How is she this morning? Hope she's feeling better, still sending her loads of vibes x
fluffers

Post by fluffers »

Been thinking about you & the buns, sent a text earlier.

Hoping for a positive update xx
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

How is Mouse?
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
fluffers

Post by fluffers »

I've had a text to say that the girls are ok. Mouse has re-gained the use of her back legs and is eating & pooping ok - not quite back to normal but ok. She HATES having her meds though :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

That's good news about Mouse and glad the girls are OK too. :) Yes it makes life hard when they hate taking their meds. Would Mouse lick the panacur dose from a saucer with a bit of red fruit & apple puree baby food (by HIPP) mixed in with it-? (http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =258897896) most supermarkets or baby food stockists.
That's what my daughter did once for a bun who hated the syringe. (The same bun would lick metacam from a spoon, though most buns like metacam anyway)
*Red*

Post by *Red* »

Hello,

Sorry I went a bit quiet! Like I said, pants net at home and yesterday was a joke at work and I couldn't get on here.

As Jen said, Mouse has improved a huge amount. Still not quite the foodie bunny she was, but I think that will take time. As for meds, I'll try mixing it with babyfood and see how I get on, but she's not even liking Metacam at the moment....!

Haven't heard from the vet yet re: the blood tests they sent away so I'll call them today just to see.

Thanks for all the vibes :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I'm glad to hear that Mouse is improving and hope she continues to do so. :)

Just a teaspoon (or maybe a bit more?-or less depending on how her tummy reacts to new foods) of the puree is sometimes enough to take the taste of the meds away.
*Red*

Post by *Red* »

Hi all, sorry to have been a bit AWOL again recently, but just to let you know that Mouse is doing really well. Both her and Mango only have another week (on Wedneday) to go on their Panacur :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Glad to hear the good update on Mouse :)
fluffers

Post by fluffers »

That's great news Sarah :-bd How are the other two?

Jen x