cutting down veg

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
susie bun

Re: cutting down veg

Post by susie bun »

Blackberry wrote:
susie bun wrote:I've ordered some of the pro-fibre pellets, and a new tunnel for His Lordship. Good to know that Vet UK support rescue bunnies.

I'm really quite worried about him. He will not take his biolapis, and we both got really quite stressed by the last attempt. Spenser has retired to his basin and I am heading for the kettle.
The pellets are great - I'm sure they will help :)

I was given biolapis for Clo - haven't used it cos it's more stressy to catch him and give it to him than it's worth. My choice is to not use it, and have a stress free bunny.
That's made me feel a bit better. The problem is that the vet who has taken over our practice is more rabbit savvy but not as sensitive to the problems of amateur and over-anxious owners. :(
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Sometimes you have to go with your gut instinct :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I bought Bio lapis once and none of mine liked it, yet it's a different story with the pellets :) I suppose bunnies are like us, and all have different tastes, it's just finding what Spenser likes and what works for him :)
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

eric's poops are pretty pitiful at the moment too and i can't fathom why as nothing has changed. he is moulting quite heavily so i'm having to sneakily de-tuft his bum whilst nosey rubbing and i think i'll go get some different hay tomorrow as he may be bored with the ones he's having.

i can recommend the pro-fibre pellets too - just wish i could remember to give them more regularly at certain times!! and as for bio - lapis.........i swear it stopped eric drinking any water for a few days cos i'd put some in there once!!
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

I prepare a weeks worth of food pots for The Boys - half and half SS pellets/Pro fibre that way I can measure out exactly what they're getting, and I don't forget the PF ones :)
poppymoon

Post by poppymoon »

Blackberry wrote:I prepare a weeks worth of food pots for The Boys - half and half SS pellets/Pro fibre that way I can measure out exactly what they're getting, and I don't forget the PF ones :)
thats a good idea!! i really should be more organised. i live in chaos.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

poppymoon wrote:
Blackberry wrote:I prepare a weeks worth of food pots for The Boys - half and half SS pellets/Pro fibre that way I can measure out exactly what they're getting, and I don't forget the PF ones :)
thats a good idea!! i really should be more organised. i live in chaos.
The rest of my life is chaos, but my bunnies and the piggies are organised :D
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

poppymoon wrote:eric's poops are pretty pitiful at the moment too and i can't fathom why as nothing has changed. he is moulting quite heavily so i'm having to sneakily de-tuft his bum whilst nosey rubbing and i think i'll go get some different hay tomorrow as he may be bored with the ones he's having.

i can recommend the pro-fibre pellets too - just wish i could remember to give them more regularly at certain times!! and as for bio - lapis.........i swear it stopped eric drinking any water for a few days cos i'd put some in there once!!
I've noticed the moulting as well as one or two stringy poos from Harry, Barney had to have a good brush yesterday and Maverick had his tufts removed ;)