Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month September 2020

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month September 2020

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for August - Alfred from Windwhistle Warren, see his story by clicking on the link below.

https://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/view ... f=4&t=7910

We are now opening up this thread for entries for the September Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good ;) ), you have until midnight on 31st August to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of September.

The winner will receive a prize of items to be sent to the Rescue such as Panacur, Fibreplex, critical care, etc and similar things that all rabbit/guinea pig Rescues use/need. The prize for September is The prize for September is 1 tube of Panacur, 2 sachets of Science Selective Recovery Food, and 1 packet of Burns Meadow Mix.

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
honeybunny

Re: Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month September 2020

Post by honeybunny »

Honeybunnies would like to put forward Magnolia
she arrived here with a small male bunny and we were told they had been together for 2 years, then found the owner had only had the male for 8 months!
Poor little lad was living in fear as each time he moved Maggie attacked him..not to draw blood but to pull fur and enough that he spent all his time grabbing some food then going back to his corner...so we split them

ImageMagnolia240620 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

He immediately settled but Magnolia, shown above, continues her extreme aggressive behaviour every time I go near her. She has red eyes and we think her sight is poor and her aggresssion is all fear. I am spending as much time as I have free ( ! ) talking to her and using a cloth on a stick to stroke her.
I have seen progress but it is very slow and very little. she is one of the few buns we've had in over the years that worries me a bit ..and we've had some bad ones!
But she is eating well and does binky. The main thing is she is safe.........even if I'm not! lol
( and to add the pic was taken day after she arrived. She doesn't live in that indoor cage she has a large area outside :) )
emzbunz

Post by emzbunz »

Windwhistle warren would like to put Chudleigh forward this month. He is a 5 year old ex breeders buck. He came in with 12 other rabbits from the same place. He had ‘chunky cheeks’. When the vets checked him out he had a 2 inch gash in both cheeks. They had not been caused by tooth problems. The ‘holes’ were full of pus and rotten food. We believe he has bels palsey. But, the vets had no idea why both cheeks were affected. He is a loveable little chap and was not showing any signs of problems, eating well but just has chunky cheeks.
Attachments
Chud 2 r.jpg
Chud 2 r.jpg (250.05 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
Chud 1 r.jpg
Chud 1 r.jpg (222.22 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
fb_x

Post by fb_x »

Last month we shared the story of Lumi who came to us with four newborn kits and who we suspected may be pregnant again - it turns out we were right and she recently delivered six more beautiful little kits. Sadly, we lost one at just a few days old but the remaining kits are doing incredibly well and Lumi has been just as attentive as she was to her first litter. The older kits are all doing great and spend most of their time snuggled up to each other and their mum or binkying about the room. They will all remain in foster until they're old enough for adoption and our adoptions team will be sure to find great homes for them and Lumi.
Attachments
Kits.jpg
Kits.jpg (66.59 KiB) Viewed 1219 times
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winnr of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for September and it's Magnolia from Honeybunnies, she wins a tube of Panacur, 2 sachets of Recovery Food and a packet of Burns Meadow Mix. See her story below.

honeybunny wrote:Honeybunnies would like to put forward Magnolia
she arrived here with a small male bunny and we were told they had been together for 2 years, then found the owner had only had the male for 8 months!
Poor little lad was living in fear as each time he moved Maggie attacked him..not to draw blood but to pull fur and enough that he spent all his time grabbing some food then going back to his corner...so we split them

ImageMagnolia240620 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

He immediately settled but Magnolia, shown above, continues her extreme aggressive behaviour every time I go near her. She has red eyes and we think her sight is poor and her aggresssion is all fear. I am spending as much time as I have free ( ! ) talking to her and using a cloth on a stick to stroke her.
I have seen progress but it is very slow and very little. she is one of the few buns we've had in over the years that worries me a bit ..and we've had some bad ones!
But she is eating well and does binky. The main thing is she is safe.........even if I'm not! lol
( and to add the pic was taken day after she arrived. She doesn't live in that indoor cage she has a large area outside :) )
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Thank you so much. Magnolia will be pleased when I tell her ! I have been able to stroke her ears with my hand just once or twice and so far kept all my fingers so progress:)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

honeybunny wrote:Thank you so much. Magnolia will be pleased when I tell her ! I have been able to stroke her ears with my hand just once or twice and so far kept all my fingers so progress:)
So pleased to hear there has been some progress with Magnolia :x :x