New higher fibre Science Selective - anybun got probs?

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
susie bun

New higher fibre Science Selective - anybun got probs?

Post by susie bun »

Spenser is not impressed. Quite a few folk on RU have found their buns less than keen. I'm getting to the stage of thinking I might have to change his food. He will eaten them softened, so I'll ask the vet to have a look at his teeth first.
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
Blackberry

Re: New higher fibre Science Selective - anybun got probs?

Post by Blackberry »

I mixed the new ones in with half a pack of old ones, and The Boys seem quite happy. The only thing I noticed was for the first few days there were quite a few excess special poops, but that co-incided with the weather getting really mild.....all seems well otherwise :)
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Blackberry wrote:I mixed the new ones in with half a pack of old ones, and The Boys seem quite happy. The only thing I noticed was for the first few days there were quite a few excess special poops, but that co-incided with the weather getting really mild.....all seems well otherwise :)
I would have done this if I'd been changing food completely, but I got the new bag long before I needed it and didn't realise it was different until I had to open it. I ordered what looked like the old stuff, but the new stuff came and the old recipe is only available in 10kg sacks - hardly practical for a single rabbit.

No excess poops here - quite the opposite, but this is probably due to a dramatic decrease in Spenser's veg intake (on vet's instructions ... virtually orders).
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Today Spenser has taken his hard pellets quite happily. Perhaps he has forgotten about the original ones. I bought him a little bunch of sage, which has pleased him greatly and kept quite well in the fridge.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Glad he is eating them now :)

Perhaps the new ones smelt a little different - and bunnies have such sensitive noses (and Spenser is extra fussy anyway ;) )