Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month August 2019

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month August 2019

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for July - Rosebud from Windwhistle Warren
see her story and photos here
https://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/view ... 062#p64062

We are now opening up this thread for entries for the August Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good ;) ), you have until midnight on 31st July to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of August.

The winner will receive a prize of items to be sent to the Rescue such as Panacur, Fibreplex, critical care, etc and similar things that all rabbit/guinea pig Rescues use/need. The prize for August will announced soon.

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
honeybunny

Re: Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month August 2019

Post by honeybunny »

I would like to enter Cinderella Honeybunny.
She was spotted being advertised for £50 on ads and the picture raised concerns
Just look at that tiny cage and the collar :(

Imagecinderellacage by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

Her owners were contacted by a lady from an at risk FB site and talks to get her went on. The owners lowered the price but would not hand her over for free so the lady decided she had to be bought out, something we don't agree with except in extreme cases like this.
The poor rabbit was severely underweight with muscle wastage and wobbly due to being kept in that cage and not fed properly.
She also had a wound on her face.
She is very short sighted and not surpirsingly a bit defence aggressive but we're getting there with her.
she had now put on weight and moves normally. she has also been speyed and had her vacs, so will be looking for an understanding home soon.

Here she is just after her spey op tucking into some decent food!

Imagecinderella 060719 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for entering Cinderella, what a relief she is now out of that hell hole of a cage and safe with you.
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

That's the most appallingly small cage I've ever seen :(
I do hope Cinderella will meet her Prince and live happily ever after :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
emzbunz

Post by emzbunz »

Windwhistle have had 4 white rabbits come into our care this month. Mum, Flo and her 3 daughters Fiona, Fleur and Flora. They were taken in a year ago by Worthing guinea pig rescue, after they were rescued from being bred for meat. They have now come to us in hope that as we will be able to help them find homes. It is really sad, as they are so nervous and it will be very hard to re home them all together and to find that home that will restore their trust in humans. I managed to get Flo to take a treat but the others just thumped and ran scared.
Attachments
Flo 1.jpg
Flo 1.jpg (38.83 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
flo 2.jpg
flo 2.jpg (29.3 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month and it's Cinderella from Honeybunnies. She wins 1 tube of Panacur and 1 tube of Fibreplex for the Rescue, see her story and photos below.

honeybunny wrote:I would like to enter Cinderella Honeybunny.
She was spotted being advertised for £50 on ads and the picture raised concerns
Just look at that tiny cage and the collar :(

Imagecinderellacage by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

Her owners were contacted by a lady from an at risk FB site and talks to get her went on. The owners lowered the price but would not hand her over for free so the lady decided she had to be bought out, something we don't agree with except in extreme cases like this.
The poor rabbit was severely underweight with muscle wastage and wobbly due to being kept in that cage and not fed properly.
She also had a wound on her face.
She is very short sighted and not surpirsingly a bit defence aggressive but we're getting there with her.
she had now put on weight and moves normally. she has also been speyed and had her vacs, so will be looking for an understanding home soon.

Here she is just after her spey op tucking into some decent food!

Imagecinderella 060719 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Cinderella is so proud to be bunny of the month! She says thank you very much.
Many thanks from me too!
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

honeybunny wrote:Cinderella is so proud to be bunny of the month! She says thank you very much.
Many thanks from me too!
:)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Some fantastic news on Cinderella..she has goen to a great new home :D
A wonderful lady has adopted her and is bonding her with her male, looks to be going well.
Cinders is now known as Starla and is already much loved .
Oh and she left the pancur and Fibreplex behind for the other buns!