Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month February 2019

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month February 2019

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for January - Blizzard from Baby Blue Bee Bunnies
see his story and photos here
https://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/view ... f=4&t=7038

We are now opening up this thread for entries for the February Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good ;) ), you have until midnight on 31st January to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of February.

The winner will receive a prize of items to be sent to the Rescue such as Panacur, Fibreplex, critical care, etc and similar things that all rabbit/guinea pig Rescues use/need. This months prize is 1 packet of Oxbow Critical Care apple & banana, and 1 packet of Oxbow Critical Care fine grind.

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
emzbunz

Re: Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month February 2019

Post by emzbunz »

Louis, was a Windrush bun, who was in a foster home and came into Windwhistles care just after Christmas, following a stay at the vets. We think Louis is 3 years old. He has been Neutered. Unfortunately his tear ducts are too small to drain, but, his vet thinks they do some work. The tears are an overflow. He is not an easy bun to look after, and a this is not good when he needs to be medicated on a regular basis. We are not sure if he will ever bond with another bun, as will attack you if he can smell another rabbit on you. Alice has been taking care of Louis and as a result is covered in bites and scratches. She is a very brave lady and he is such a troubled bun, we dread to think what he has been though in his life. Hopefully one day he will begin to trust the 'hoomins' and maybe even love another bun.
Attachments
Louis bun.jpg
Louis bun.jpg (59.04 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

I would like to put Runty forward..and to say her new name will be announced very soon!
Her mum arrived with me jusst before X mas and gave birth 2 days later. We think she had 14 but sadly 5 died :(
of the 9 left one was struggling. So small compared to its siblings it just wasn't able to compete at feeding time and was dying, so I took the decision to assist feed.
This means i hold mum and hold baby onto teat which wasn't an easy decsion as Fieldfare, the mum, did not know or trust me and was very defensive. But I went ahead and mum was quite good about it.
Runty thrived although stayed the smllest.
Here she is with her siblings

Imagefieldfaresbabiesaged2 days by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

and here she is fast asleep in my hand after a feed :)

Imagefieldfaresrunty baby by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

and here is little runty that was, now named Lady. Taken 21/01

ImageLady ( runty) born 171218 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

I know it was the right decsion to risk the assist feed as she would have died without it.
So we have 9 extra buns to neuter and vacs and think Runty and her family deserve to be entered :)
tabithakat64

Post by tabithakat64 »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48714545@ ... res/0g72X1

We’d like to nominate wildie cross pair Aragon and Jackie.

They are one of our longest residents having been with us since they were babies.

Sadly due to their shy nature it’s unlikely that they’ll find a forever home :(
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

All beautiful bunnies with sad stories, it makes it so difficult to choose :x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner for the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for February and it is Lady from Honeybunnies, see her story and photos below.

Lady wins 2 packets of Oxbow Critical Care for Honeybunnies Rescue :)

honeybunny wrote:I would like to put Runty forward..and to say her new name will be announced very soon!
Her mum arrived with me jusst before X mas and gave birth 2 days later. We think she had 14 but sadly 5 died :(
of the 9 left one was struggling. So small compared to its siblings it just wasn't able to compete at feeding time and was dying, so I took the decision to assist feed.
This means i hold mum and hold baby onto teat which wasn't an easy decsion as Fieldfare, the mum, did not know or trust me and was very defensive. But I went ahead and mum was quite good about it.
Runty thrived although stayed the smllest.
Here she is with her siblings

Imagefieldfaresbabiesaged2 days by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

and here she is fast asleep in my hand after a feed :)

Imagefieldfaresrunty baby by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

and here is little runty that was, now named Lady. Taken 21/01

ImageLady ( runty) born 171218 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

I know it was the right decsion to risk the assist feed as she would have died without it.
So we have 9 extra buns to neuter and vacs and think Runty and her family deserve to be entered :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Lady says " oh thank you so much! I am so pleased that the prize will help other little rabbits like me. Tomorrow Auntie Jill has to seperate our brothers and she says she will post more pictures of us all :) "
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

The Critical Care has arrived, thank you once again x