Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month January 2019

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month January 2019

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for December - Star from Marias Animal Shelter
see his story and photos here
http://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=7024

We are now opening up this thread for entries for next year! January 2019 Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good ;) ), you have until midnight on 31st December to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of January.

The winner will receive a prize of items to be sent to the Rescue such as Panacur, Fibreplex, critical care, etc and similar things that all rabbit/guinea pig Rescues use/need. This months prize to be announced ;)

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
wrgpsos-jo

Re: Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month January 2019

Post by wrgpsos-jo »

honey.jpg
honey.jpg (124.37 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
We would love to enter our beautiful lady Honey :x
Honey came into the rescue with 2 friends, Hazel and Jessica (Jessica was later to be discovered as Jessie James)!!

These 3 were rescued from a pet shop breeder who seemed quite proud of Honey being able to produce litters of upto 9 kits :((

Honey and her friends arrived on a Sunday afternoon looking very undernourished and quickly started to explore their new enclosure and pile of hay!

Honey started nest building almost immediately but looking as skinny as she did we thought pregnancy wasn't going to be an issues, the 3 were taken for vet checks and vaccinations on the Tuesday and Honey was also scanned to check for heartbeats just in case! - no heartbeats were found.

A week later the nest was discovered and inside 6 kits!! it seems the heartbeats were not found on the tuesday as Honey had the kits on the night she came into rescue.

Happy to say that Honey and the kits are now thriving :-)
Attachments
Honeys babies2.jpg
Honeys babies2.jpg (107.28 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
tabithakat64

Post by tabithakat64 »

https://flic.kr/p/2cLwE9U

Dapples, Jax & Kami came from Windrush ‘rescue’ all severely underweight. Both Kami & Dapples have pasturella that was left untreated and both also needed a dental despite being 10 months old. Their friend mini lop, Jax had an eye infection.
ImageUntitled by tabithakat64, on Flickr
emzbunz

Post by emzbunz »

Windwhistle warren had a large number of rabbits come in through the doors in December, and unfortunately many are on medication. Coral was one of 21 rabbits Windwhistle has taken in from a hoarder. She is very hormonal, and, as you can see, her eyes were so sore. We are trying to get her better, but, she has a long journey ahead of her. She is going to need a lot of care and loving to help her get better and be able to be re-homed.
Attachments
Coral.jpg
Coral.jpg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

My name is Flash, I live as a permanent resident at Southampton Rabbit Rescue. I will be 15 years old in March 2019!!
I joined SRR in 2015, my family were emigrating and they were running out of options for me. Nobody wanted me because of my age :( so i was taken to a local vets to be PTS.
The vet wasn't happy about what was being asked of him. Luckily the vets knew Sue, and so he contacted Sue at SRR and asked her if she would take me...well that was that!! Here I am!! I have a lovely 6ft hutch and the best care in the world!! Luvs Flash xx

Image48986991_1219599661548915_2540289236494450688_n by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Image49701193_315063419350412_5327537675169693696_n by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
BabyBlueBeeBunnies

Post by BabyBlueBeeBunnies »

BBBB rescued many neglected bunnies in December but one case we took in was 5 severely neglected and inbred bunnies. One of them, now named Blizzard has been through a lot. Arriving with severely infected tear ducts, dental problems, mange, covered in mites, severely overweight (3.5kg dwarf!), fatty cysts all over his body, ear mites and curled nails. Now he's finally safe and getting the treatment he needs.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The PaP Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for January and it's Blizzard from Baby Blue Bee Bunnies see his story below. He wins 2 packets of Oxbow Critical Care for the Rescue.

BabyBlueBeeBunnies wrote:BBBB rescued many neglected bunnies in December but one case we took in was 5 severely neglected and inbred bunnies. One of them, now named Blizzard has been through a lot. Arriving with severely infected tear ducts, dental problems, mange, covered in mites, severely overweight (3.5kg dwarf!), fatty cysts all over his body, ear mites and curled nails. Now he's finally safe and getting the treatment he needs.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

A worthy winner and hope he is doing better now :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Well done Blizzard! :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
BabyBlueBeeBunnies

Post by BabyBlueBeeBunnies »

It breaks my heart typing this but sadly little Blizzard didn't make it. He was so so poorly and despite being on tramadol until he was fit enough to be put under GA for a dental he was still grinding in pain and constantly miserable and couldn't eat at all. This week he was up at the exotic vets and when they examined his back teeth they were so bad they disintegrated. They said he would never be able to eat on his own. He also had cancer and they said he only had days to go as he was fading away and in such bad condition with multiple other health issues. He didn't want to fight at all. Even when put on a drip and morphine he was still in agony. They advised us to make the kindest decision for him which we did. We were all heartbroken but he was a poor poor soul. :'(