Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month August 2018

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month August 2018

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for July - Bumblebee from the Rabbit Residence Rescue
see his story and photo here http://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=6846

we are now opening up this thread for entries for the August Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 31st July to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of August.

The winner will receive a prize of items to be sent to the Rescue such as Panacur, Fibreplex, critical care, snugglesafes and similar things that all rabbit/guinea pig Rescues use/need.
This months prize is 1 tube of Panacur and 1 packet of Oxbow critical care :)

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
BabyBlueBeeBunnies

Re: Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month August 2018

Post by BabyBlueBeeBunnies »

I would like to put forward little Barnaby forward for August entry.
Last Saturday we woke up to 18 messages/email and calls about this Gumtree ad with a little bunny in a bubble bath with multiple photos of him being bathed, dragged around on a harness and being fed corn. The owner wanted "rid of him desperately". The ad had been shared on 33 rabbit groups/forums. So up at 5am I jumped in the car and drove over an hour to get him. The owner wasn't willing to wait even explaining someone else wanted him for dog fighting and she would give him to them if I didn't come straight away. The home he was in was dreadful with a cat trying to attack him and he was swiftly taken away. When we health checked him we found a big golf ball abscess growth on his back which required surgery asap. He's now been through the surgery and has done very well in his recovery, he also had some spurs rasped at the back of his mouth and has transformed from a terrified shaking timid little soul into a confident gentle friendly little boy. We are so glad his rehabilitation has been possible and it won't be long before we can find him a match for adoption.

<3 <3 <3 <3
Pictures to follow once I figure out to how attach :)

Baby Blue Bee Bunnies
Screenshot_20180719-201710.jpeg
20180711_194000.jpeg
20180709_144437.jpeg
Last edited by BabyBlueBeeBunnies on 19 Jul 2018 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
leannean27

Post by leannean27 »

Oh my gosh, poor Barnaby. How can people be so cruel. Thank you for rescuing him. I've posted a picture from your website, hope that's okay?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for entering Barnaby Baby Blue Bee Bunnies and thanks for adding the photo leannean27 :-) thank goodness you were able to go and get him from his awful previous home poor boy :-( he's so lucky
bb mommy

Post by bb mommy »

This is Raspberry, who is a 5 year old entire single buck.

He was bought to the Blue Cross by his owners, who left them in cardboard boxes in the boot of their car in 25degrees for an hour and a half (they went to the centre with their dog, and mentioned the rabbits about 40 mins after their arrival).

I was called into work and could see that Raspberry wasnt in great shape. He was dehydrated, stressed and his overall body condition was poor.

I transferred them both to Hopper Haven and Louise took them under her wing.

Raspberrys brother, Blackcurrant, is in much better shape and he was neutered yesterday and is waiting to be bonded soon.

Raspberry is too poorly to neuter at this stage. He is receiving treatment fir dental issues and digestion issues, and whilst his body condition is improving, hes not a healthy boy.
He has happily been bonded into a group of three and is being fussed over by his new companions, which is great for his mental wellbeing.

He is the most ferocious biter we have currenly....he chomps down and he means it! And who can blame him. Neither bun has had a good life so far, although that is now set to change :)

Pic to follow!!!
Image37588047_2133283993366261_1213083473753931776_n by Sue Gibson, on Flickr

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

36502342_1747053972044411_4921223757399326720_o.jpg
36502342_1747053972044411_4921223757399326720_o.jpg (182.57 KiB) Viewed 693 times
Lola 1yr and Albert 5 yrs originally entered the shelter last year. A person came who was looking to adopt 2 rabbits liked these 2 rabbits. They came in separately and so we bonded them for this person. The homecheck all went well. A lovely big garden with amble space, a nice size house for them to live in and the family seemed fine. Six months later we received a call from the new family saying that they could no longer keep the pair, as the woman had a new job and would not have the time to look after them. Even though we do all the necessary ground work sometimes things still crop up. I wonder what happened to her children, did she put them up for adoption??
BabyBlueBeeBunnies

I've managed to upload the photos of little Barnaby now before during and after his care. (Initial pic was one of the awful gumtree photos). Second pic is his recovering abscess op. Third pic is him now happy and safe [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BabyBlueBeeBunnies

Barnaby ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the Month for August and it is Raspberry from Hopper Haven, well done to Raspberry who wins a prize of 1 tube of Panacur and 1 packet of Critical Care for the Rescue :)

bb mommy wrote:This is Raspberry, who is a 5 year old entire single buck.

He was bought to the Blue Cross by his owners, who left them in cardboard boxes in the boot of their car in 25degrees for an hour and a half (they went to the centre with their dog, and mentioned the rabbits about 40 mins after their arrival).

I was called into work and could see that Raspberry wasnt in great shape. He was dehydrated, stressed and his overall body condition was poor.

I transferred them both to Hopper Haven and Louise took them under her wing.

Raspberrys brother, Blackcurrant, is in much better shape and he was neutered yesterday and is waiting to be bonded soon.

Raspberry is too poorly to neuter at this stage. He is receiving treatment fir dental issues and digestion issues, and whilst his body condition is improving, hes not a healthy boy.
He has happily been bonded into a group of three and is being fussed over by his new companions, which is great for his mental wellbeing.

He is the most ferocious biter we have currenly....he chomps down and he means it! And who can blame him. Neither bun has had a good life so far, although that is now set to change :)

Pic to follow!!!
Image37588047_2133283993366261_1213083473753931776_n by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
bb mommy

Post by bb mommy »

That’s wonderful. Thank you so much.

Sadly Raspberry is slowly failing and we know he’s not long for this world.

We will, however, continue to give him the love and care he needs, and will ensure he remains comfortable, and in the meantime he makes the most of his companions and the sunshine.

We are so sad that he didn’t come to us sooner so he had the chance to really enjoy life. For some the long term damage of living in poor conditions and the lack of veterinary care are irreversible.

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk