Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month April 2018

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month April 2018

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for March - Hoppy from Tameside Rabbit Rescue
see his story and photos here http://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=6797

we are now opening up this thread for entries for the April Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 31st March to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of April.

The winner will receive a prize of items to be sent to the Rescue such as Panacur, Fibreplex, critical care, snugglesafes and similar things that all rabbit/guinea pig Rescues use/need.

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
honeybunny

Re: Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month April 2018

Post by honeybunny »

I would like to put forward Chime Honeybunny as she will need all the veg she can get as I've just found a nest of babies! :-o
She was handed in as a stray 26 days ago and since arriving has built a nest, then destroyed it then built another and so on.
I put off having her vacs or neutered as kept thinking babies were arriving but she chose this cold weekend to have them
I will add pic of them later but not disturbing for now so don't even know how many but her is mum Chime

ImageChime200218 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

Well she is a stressed mum but I managed to have a quick check this morning. There are at least 3 babies, probably more and took a sneaky pic of the nest and one sticking it's head up ! :x

ImageChimesbabynest190318 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

There are 5 babies! UPDATE THERE WERE 6..ONE VERY SMALL ONE

Imagechimesbabies200318 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr
Last edited by honeybunny on 06 Apr 2018 10:37, edited 3 times in total.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for entering Chime Honeybunnies what a pretty girl

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

28337582_1611395695610240_4846001884736782554_o.jpg
28337582_1611395695610240_4846001884736782554_o.jpg (63 KiB) Viewed 598 times
I would like to put Monty and Chip forward please. They recently came into the shelter with a few more animals, which we rescued in the nick of time. Others were not so fortunate. A man asked for help as his wife had left him with a "zoo". A volunteer went in to collect some animals and was horrified and upset to also find dead ones that had been left to starve. We don't know the last time these 2 had eaten. They are both underweight but also dehydrated. They drank nearly a bottle of water as soon as they arrived. Luckily all the animals we rescued are doing well. Unfortunately we had to leave several dogs, cats and birds behind as the man would not sign them over to us. We have involved the RSPCA so hopefully all have been removed now.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you to Marias Animal Shelter for entering Month & Chip, thank goodness you got them out when you did.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team are currently busy choosing the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for April.
The winner will be receiving 4 tubes of Panacur for their Rescue :-)
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

Chime says we are all excited waiting to hear and just look how my babies have grown :)

Imagechimesbabies030418 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

honeybunny wrote:Chime says we are all excited waiting to hear and just look how my babies have grown :)

Imagechimesbabies030418 by Jill Woodward, on Flickr

Wow the babies are growing fast! :)
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Lovely photos.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for April and they are Monty & Chip from Marias Animal Shelter :)

They win a prize to be sent to the Rescue, which this month is 4 tubes of Panacur

See their story and photo below

MariasAnimalShelter wrote: I would like to put Monty and Chip forward please. They recently came into the shelter with a few more animals, which we rescued in the nick of time. Others were not so fortunate. A man asked for help as his wife had left him with a "zoo". A volunteer went in to collect some animals and was horrified and upset to also find dead ones that had been left to starve. We don't know the last time these 2 had eaten. They are both underweight but also dehydrated. They drank nearly a bottle of water as soon as they arrived. Luckily all the animals we rescued are doing well. Unfortunately we had to leave several dogs, cats and birds behind as the man would not sign them over to us. We have involved the RSPCA so hopefully all have been removed now.
Image28337582_1611395695610240_4846001884736782554_o by Sue Gibson, on Flickr