January's Intake... also meet Hamish

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Becky

January's Intake... also meet Hamish

Post by Becky »

January has been absolutely crazy here at Walsall RSPCA. We have taken in 42 rabbits, yep... 42!

Three arrived heavily pregnant and we have three nests of babies. All three mummy bunnies are doing well at present. We always keep babies with us until they are neutered, so they end up being here a while.

We had 12 rabbits arrive Monday. In all honesty when I took the call my heart sank. I didn't think anything could possibly get any worse. I knew we were struggling for space, but equally knew there was no way those rabbits could stay where they were. They didn't even know how many rabbits they had, the number changed several times and we were told the others must've died. Never had hay, never had a proper diet. I can't say too much about where they came from (it wasn't a normal owner situation) but they are an in awful condition, with several poorly showing signs of respiratory problems :( One little boy, Hamish, arrived with severely overgrown incisors, his entire coat one huge matt from living in squalor.

Here are some photos of Hamish

I have no idea what we would do without our dedicated foster carers. They are always on hand at the drop of a hat :x We are absolutely full to bursting now and vet bills will be so high over the next few months. At least these rabbits are safe now though x
Foofy

Re: January's Intake... also meet Hamish

Post by Foofy »

Oh my goodness poor Hamish :( thank goodness he is now safe with you, fingers crossed he will make a quick recovery now he will be properly looked after. Thank you so much for taking in all the bunnies and helping them :)

Perhaps you could enter Hamish into the Rescue rabbit of the month for March, we will soon be opening up the thread for entries, as soon as we've decided the winner for February ;)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Oh my goodness what a large intake! :( and poor Hamish! :( I do he makes a speedy recovery with you along with all the others
sue
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Becky

Post by Becky »

This is really sad as Hamish is still in rescue with us :( He's had a rough journey bless him. His incisors have grown back for a 3rd time, but other than that he is a very happy, bouncy little bunny now <3
honeybunny

Post by honeybunny »

42! my goodness you have been busy!