I'm currently bonding...

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Becky

I'm currently bonding...

Post by Becky »

Two of our longest stay rabbits - Jess and Freddie :x So far, so good, touch wood!

Jess is a black dwarf lop who has reoccurring eye infections, she is more or less on constant medication. She came to us via an Inspector from a home with 8 rabbits who were living in awful conditions. Freddie is an agouti mini lop cross, he has had his incisors removed and has awful molars, he needs regular dentals.

Freddie has been with us for nearly a year and Jess arrived the beginning of this year. Needless to say they have both stole my heart.... :x

Paws crossed! x
sdf76

Re: I'm currently bonding...

Post by sdf76 »

Aw , so good they will have company....I hope the bond works. A partner rabbit will lick and clean Jess's eye too as part of grooming which may lessen the number of eye infections?. We had a rabbit who was prone to eye infection and of course we bathed it but it seemed no substitute for later a partner rabbit's licking.
Do post some pics ? :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
kermit

Post by kermit »

Fab news :) Fingers crossed x

I will be bonding my existing and my new buns this weekend, I am NOT looking forwards to it!
My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today.
RabbitResidenceEllen

Post by RabbitResidenceEllen »

Good luck! We are having a mass special needs dating game at the moment as well, with mixed success!
Becky

Post by Becky »

They've moved back into their hutch outdoors today, a huge success :x It's lovey to see them both so happy, they follow each other around and sit together.

I was hoping Freddie may help with keeping her eye clean, it's still early days but so far I've not seen him groom her, she is a groomer though :x Freddie it a typical messy man :))

I'll get some photos tomorrow of the happy couple :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

So pleased the bonding has worked :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Excellent news that Jess and Freddie are now a happy couple :) :)

I'm also bonding Peter with Ruby at the moment and it seems to be going well so far fingers crossed, it has been me that was nervous! especially since Jinx and Posy's bonding failed.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr