A new arrival :-)

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

A new arrival :-)

Post by Foofy »

Unfortunately due to the sad loss of my little Daisy a few weeks ago :( Jinx has been left on his own as a single bunny :( he has been getting into mischief as I think he's bored on his own so on Sunday morning I am going to pick up another bunny who will hopefullky become Jinxs 2nd wife :))

Of course I am adopting her from Southampton Rabbit Rescue she has a sad but very common story, we believe she was originally a P@H bunny :( she was then bought by a family for their child, they had her for nearly a year before taking her back to the adoption centre at P@H, she was then adopted by another family who kept her for about 3 years before again they have given her up for Rescue with the reason they have a new baby and the husband might possibly be working away, she is nearly 4 and has always been on her own :( :( how sad she's had a few homes and no bunny friends :(

She is a dwarf lop her name was Hoppy :)) Sue at the Rescue changed her name to Amber but I'm going to call her Posy, the girls here are on flower themed names, my cat is called Poppy (Poppy was originally named Flower when we adopted her), and obviously my last girl rabbit was Daisy, also the estate we live on the road names are all wild flowers so it kind of fits in that she should have a flower themed name and I like the name Posy :) Apparently Posy is currently a bit overweight too so will probably have to go on a diet!

Jinx and I are very excited and can't wait to go and meet/ collect Posy on Sunday :D :D :x :x

Here is a photo that Sue at The Rescue sent me
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Baymair

Re: A new arrival :-)

Post by Baymair »

Wonderful news, especially for Posy, congratulations! Hope it all goes well :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Oh Posy is gorgeous- I'm sure Jinx will be happy to have her as his wifebun. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

sdf76 wrote:Oh Posy is gorgeous- I'm sure Jinx will be happy to have her as his wifebun. :)
I'm hoping they will love eath other ;) Posy is booked in for a health check with the vet on Wednesday evening next week, I've spoken with him about the possible risk of EC from Jinx (possibly passed to him from Daisy) and he's advised putting Posy on a course of Panacur too as the other 3 rabbits are on it too.
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

Oh what a gorgeous bunny. Its so sad to hear she has been alone for so long.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

What a happy ending for Posy, she's certainly landed on her paws by coming to live with you :)

She's a gorgeous girl, I hope she and Jinx fall in love and live happily ever after :x
Apache

Post by Apache »

Posy is adorable :x

I hope she falls head over heals for Jinx :) x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

I've picked up Posy and she's settling in to her temporary home (the large dog crate in my shed) she seems very sweet she's been eating her hay and thowing her jingle ball around and I've also weighed her as she is a bit over weight as her previous owners were overfeeding her :( I'm also going to swap her over gradually from the senior excel to the SS pellets.

She is only 3 (birth date on her vaccination card) the previous owners said she was almost 4!

Hope to get a few photos of her soon to show you all :)
Apache

Post by Apache »

She sounds lovely! Look forwards to more pics :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Glad Posy is settling in and look forward to pics. Hope all goes well with bonding her with Jinx :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny