A new arrival :-)

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
bunlover

Re: A new arrival :-)

Post by bunlover »

Thats ok if that way works for u i usually make an indoor area neutral and put a little 4x2 or 6x2 pen up i use the white vinegar neat then after wiping down the floor wipe it with hot water to prevent any stickyness . if its carpet i sprinkle bicarb and rub it in then hoover it up. Iv found a little car ride in same carrier often helps start things off not manic driving n not too far obvs. Also food scattered as a distraction. Humping fur pulling and chasing is all normal and u have to let them get on with it in order to establish dominance i dont allow biting or circling locking on or face humping and if i cant sleep next to the pen i seperate them by mesh but keep side by side :) good luck
bunlover

Post by bunlover »

Also if they can smell or see another rabbit nearby it can cause referred aggression so best the bonding is out of sight of other buns too
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thanks for the advice bunlover :-) I am still doing the one in the carrier inside the run, one in the run slow bonding at the moment going OK so far :-) no aggression or anything nasty, hoping to try them in the run or pen with the partition in at the weekend, the partition is bigger mesh so they can see & smell each other better ;-)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr