Fighting rabbits

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
MariasAnimalShelter

Re: Fighting rabbits

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

Good to hear William is ok. I think getting a girlfriend for William would be great and less stress for him, once he has bonded with one lol. :D
Apache

Post by Apache »

really glad he is ok - I hope you can find a nice wifeybun for him :)
Baymair

Post by Baymair »

Thanks for your kind words :)

I'm having a look at local rescues. There don't seem to be many single females available, but there's bound to be someone out there for him. Will keep you posted, hopefully with good news about a wife :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

So glad that William is okay :) It sounds like you have done the right thing by separating them, it looks like the wild rabbits have caused yours to chase each other and William seems to have come off the worst :(

I hope you are able to find him a partner, whereabouts are you? Some rescues rehome nationally :)
Baymair

Post by Baymair »

Thanks Hunnybunny - I'm in Somerset, about half way between Bath and Bristol. I'm going to make a serious start on finding him someone next week - at the moment we have two ex battery hens living in a pen in the kitchen, they were completely bald when we got them so they've been living indoors while their feathers come back. They should be able to go outside in the next few days, and then we can use their pen as a way of introducing William and his (hopefully!) new companion. The runaround stuff is probably going to get here tomorrow so I can get it all set up ready and they can move in as a pair to brand new accomodation with no rabbity smells in it. He looks a bit glum and lonely poor thing.
Baymair

Post by Baymair »

I've contacted http://littlestrescue.org/rescue-and-rehoming/ they are going to organise a speed dating session for William. Keeping everything crossed!
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Baymair wrote:I've contacted http://littlestrescue.org/rescue-and-rehoming/ they are going to organise a speed dating session for William. Keeping everything crossed!
Fingers crossed for a successful dating session for William :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I hope that William will find a suitable partner at the Littlest Rescue in Bristol. :) (...If he doesn't you could try Windwhistle Warren in Glos... It is a bit further afield for you, but Alice has many rabbits there- just letting you know )
I wish William success in his speed dating :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Baymair

Post by Baymair »

I did have a look on Windwhistle's website, but couldn't see any single females on there for adoption. I'll email in case they aren't all up on the website. Thanks sdf76 :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Baymair wrote:I did have a look on Windwhistle's website, but couldn't see any single females on there for adoption. I'll email in case they aren't all up on the website. Thanks sdf76 :)
I'm afraid due to the large turnround of bunnies coming in and going to adoption, plus the fact that Alice runs the rescue on her own, (plus a few part-time volunteers), the website doesn't get updated as often as Alice would like. There are usually about 80 rabbits there- some singles and some in bonded pairs. I think the volunteers keep up the emails so you may get a speedier response if you post on the facebook?

I hope William will find a wifebun at Littlest Rescue as I know it's much closer to you ( and no doubt he's looking forward to his speed-dating ;) :x ) :) ) but worth contacting Windwhistle if he doesn't match up with any girly buns there. :)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny