Could Dodger have vibes please - update another seizure

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Re: Could Dodger have vibes please

Post by Foofy »

Apologies for the lateness :ymblushing: :ymblushing: but I send lots of get well vibes and love for Dodger :x :x glad to hear he is improving :) and having extra pellets ;) he is one special bunny rabbit :x :x
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
bunlover

Post by bunlover »

More vibes here xx
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

I don't think Dodger will make a full recovery, he's been on the Baytril for over a week, but his back legs are still not working properly, he's occasionally rolling and finding it hard to get back up :( We are also looking at altering his litter tray as he's having difficulty getting in and out :(

My special little boy is looking frail :(
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Oh I am so sorry to hear that :( :ymhug: We cut one side out of Coco's litter tray when he couldn't get in and out and rounded and sanded over the edges, and for other wee/poo places we just replace towels daily..(I realise Dodger is an indoors bunny so you would have to put some waterproof non-slip material under the towels to stop wee going through on your carpet).What about trying other antibiotics rather than Baytril?
I really have no idea what would go with Dodger's other medications of course but Coco seems to be trundling on with the Duphopen injections every 3rd day plus oral Metronidazole when things flare up- I realise of course that their conditions are quite different - Dodger with his head-tilt and Coco with jaw abcesses -but maybe worth asking the vet if any other antibiotic would help? ( You can't have Baytril with Duphopen and Metronidazole though)

sending massive vibes for Dodger :x that you will find some meds to help him pick up. ( I would say that sometimes antibiotics take a while to work, so fingers crossed he will pick up soon.)
sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Baymair

Post by Baymair »

Lots of vibes for (((Dodger)))
susie bun

Post by susie bun »

Keeping up vibes for dear Dodger. Thinking of you too. xx
Spenser is pondering a new signature...
hurricanhoney

Post by hurricanhoney »

Poor Dodger I do hope he improves.
bunlover

Post by bunlover »

Poor dodger. When Dora had her ec she had seizures we upped the metacam and did another course of pannacur but at a double or may have even been triple dose (on rabbit savvy vet advice) I wondered if this might be an option it certainly helped her leg issues and incontinance. Her seizures. Sadly continued though she was very happy in herself till the end. She did become incontinent again later towards the end though but just a thought.
Apache

Post by Apache »

Lots of vibes for beautiful Dodger ((HUGS))

I had to modify Alfred's house to make it easier for him to get in and out, and it did seem to help him, I hope the vet can help further too. I can't remember what antibiotics Alfred had when we first found the lump on his leg, I know he had a 7 week course, but it definitely wasn't baytril. I know the panacur can be safely given in much higher doses too.
Rabswood

Post by Rabswood »

Prayers for this little one.
Mummy to the Rabsville Bunnies

Pledge a Pound Jewellery10% Pot Total £4.00
Donated via paypal 8/11/13

Oxo Rabswood a little fighter!