Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Becky

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by Becky »

Awwww thank you so much, Giles will be so pleased :-)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

We are now accepting nominations for the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for February.
Rescues that Pledge a Pound supports you have until midnight on 31st January to get your entries in here, as before ALL the Rescues that PaP supports can enter even if you have won before.
The winner will be decided by the PaP Team at the beginning of Feb and will win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy the rabbits/guinea pigs some veg, supplies etc.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

We would like to enter Warren for the Rescue Rabbit of the Month for February.

Warren was found outside the Warren Avenue dog kennels in Southampton, hence his name Warren. He came into the vets I worked at with a horrifically broken back leg, the vet and I went in at 8am on a Sunday morning, we had 2 options either to put him to sleep or amputate his broken leg, we amputated, unfortunately Warren actually died during the operation but I managed to get him back :) and he recovered.

Southampton City Council who own the Warren Avenue dog kennels had a whip round and paid the £300 for his surgery :) They then even arranged a new home for him in Weymouth but unfortunately the woman changed her mind as she didn't want a 'special needs' rabbit :( so he then had nowhere to go once he had recovered from his surgery :( so he ended up staying at the centre as a sanctuary bunny. He is now the Centres new mascot :) Warren gets around really well despite only having 3 legs and never sits still for long!

Here he is
Furry_Friends

Post by Furry_Friends »

We would like to enter Benji who came in as emergency recently. His previous owner didn't ask permission from her landlord before getting him, and when he found out, he said that Benji needed to go right away.
He is now safe with us

Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Two gorgeous bunnies :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you to Southampton rabbit Rescue and Furry Friends for entering Warren and Benji what great photos :)
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Beautiful bunnies!
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

This entry into the Rescue Rabbit of the Month for February is on behalf of Eastbourne Rabbit Rescue

We would like to nominate Flower
Flower arrived with us on Sunday, she sadly had to come in due to her owners premature baby having lots of health problems.
She is 6 years young and currently poorly but we're hoping we can pull her through.

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

I do hope Flower will soon recover-
another lovely bunny:)
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
bb mommy

Re: Nominations for Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig February

Post by bb mommy »

I'd like to introduce Dachs, who was admitted just over a week ago. He arrived at the other rescue I work for, that does not rehome rabbits currently.

He was found as a stray by a family not far from a PAH store, so I suspect he was probably left outside in a box, but escaped.
I was told they'd had him for four days, and that he hadn't eaten for the last two. As I picked him up to examine him I saw his feet and just knew that Hooper Haven was where he needed to go, as we have several Rex bunnies whose feet have to be carefully managed.

Anyway, you can see from the admission pic of his feet the state he was in. He also has sore front feet.

The later picture is after Lou has cared for him.

He is an absolute darling and loves fuss and attention, and flops when you fuss him. I think he's going to be a heartbreaker as every one who meets him falls in love!

He's being neutered on Friday and we will then work out which group he can live with ( I may even be lucky as one of the groups living at my house may accept him, so I may get to munch him regularly :-) )

Last edited by bb mommy on 05 Feb 2016 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk