Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Southampton Rescue

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by Southampton Rescue »

We would like to enter Stevie and Bee for the Rescue rabbits of the month.

Stevie and Bee are brother and sister. They are 5 years old and came into the Centre for re-home after their family emigrated to Canada.
Sadly as Stevie (orange & white) is completely blind nobody wanted him. We believe he was born blind and has no actual injury to his eye. We had several offers to rehome Bee (white) but not Stevie, obviously we could not split them up, so they have been offered a permanent home at the Rescue.

sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Such a shame Mulder and Scully are still in rescue 6yrs now :(.
Scully is so pretty ( and Mulder too ) , I can't understand why they have been overlooked so often :(

It's a shame no-one wants to take Stevie on because he's blind, particularly as he has a sighted partner :(

I wish both Scully and Stevie good luck .
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

THIS ENTRY INTO THE RESCUE RABBIT OF THE MONTH IS ON BEHALF OF BOW BUNNY RESCUE

I'd like to enter MONDO a gorgeous blue eyes French lop who came into rescue as his previous rescuer also hand rears wild ones and Mondo and one of the hares just didn't get on and were both very very stressed, so he has moved in here with me at Bow Bunny Rescue. Mondo is 11.months old and has me wrapped round his enormous paw :)

Mondo from Bow Bunny Rescue
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you to The Rabbit Residence Rescue, Southampton Rabbit Rescue, and Bow Bunny Rescue for entering the Rescue Rabbit of the Month for July. The Pledge a Pound Team will soon be announcing the winner and then we'll open up the thread for entries for August :)
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for July and it is Stevie & Bee from Southampton Rabbit Rescue see their story and pictures below.

Stevie & Bee win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy them and the other rabbits some goodies.

Southampton Rescue wrote:We would like to enter Stevie and Bee for the Rescue rabbits of the month.

Stevie and Bee are brother and sister. They are 5 years old and came into the Centre for re-home after their family emigrated to Canada.
Sadly as Stevie (orange & white) is completely blind nobody wanted him. We believe he was born blind and has no actual injury to his eye. We had several offers to rehome Bee (white) but not Stevie, obviously we could not split them up, so they have been offered a permanent home at the Rescue.

Foofy

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for July- Stevie & Bee from Southampton Rabbit Rescue, we are now opening up this thread for entries for the August Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our 21 Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 31st July to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the 21 Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of August and will win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy greens, herbs, supplies etc for the winner and the other animals at their Rescue :)

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
MariasAnimalShelter

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

19693746_1395519033864575_7276534841024133996_o.jpg
19693746_1395519033864575_7276534841024133996_o.jpg (127.03 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Wispa is a 16 week old continental giant. She entered the shelter with her 5 sisters, all of whom have been adopted. These rabbits were living in terrible conditions with the mum in a 4ft hutch. The mum could not even turn around very easily as she was just too big for the hutch. 3 of the babies were underweight. i went and rescued these babies but realised that this was a place where lots of different animals were being kept, for the sole purpose of breeding. The conditions were not right so i informed the RSPCA. Unfortunately they have still not let me know what has happened to the rest of the animals, i only hope that they have done something. :(
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Entry on behalf of Warwickshire Rabbit and Guinea Pigs SOS

Caroline from Warwickshire Rabbit and Guinea Pigs SOS here could I please enter our little pair of rescues Coco and Georgia. At 8 weeks old . Having been sold at 6 weeks they were unwanted due to children having an allergy. The owner made it clear had no interest who or where they went.
They had been sold from a store at just 6 weeks.

Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Entry on behalf of Bow Bunny Rescue

Bow Bunny Rescue would like to enter Little George who resembles max wal. 14 mths old handed into rescue as owner has just had a baby and George was an indoor bun, baby became allergic to his hair . Owner didn't want to move him outside as it would break her heart, he's a lovely little lad who loves cuddles and being groomed x

tabithakat64

Post by tabithakat64 »

I'd like to nominate Robby from Rabbit Residence Rescue.
ImageIMG_8429_Robby by tabithakat64, on Flickr
Robby came to us with his super fluffy short sighted partner Kotten a few months ago as his owner had developed a serious allergy to them and had been hospitalised.
Poor Robby has dental disease and needs regular dentals, sadly he has no teeth left on the left hand side so needs mushy pellets and grated veg, he recently has been very unwell following a diagnosis of Osteomylitis and is on daily medication, despite his he remains the sweetest bunny who loves attention, we just adore him as he's so loving and so happy. He and Kotten love spending time out in our binky areas and do the biggest binkies.
ImageIMG_8432_RobbyKotten by tabithakat64, on Flickr