Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Foofy

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by Foofy »

Thank you for entering Bertie & Rosie the rabbits and Duchess the piggie, poor Duchess I do hope she will be OK, she's been through a lot :( and I hope it won't be too long before Bertie & Rose find a forever home.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

We would like to enter Pickle & Pepper.
Pickle & Pepper are two unrelated bonded neutered bucks. They are a year old and very gentle natured bunnies. They both love their pellets and herbs.
They came into the Rescue as their family had allergies and couldn't keep them. They are currently being fostered and we're hoping it won't be too long before they find their new forever home together. Pepper is the black bunny and Pickle is the white/grey boy.

Lizzie @ Windwhistle

Post by Lizzie @ Windwhistle »

We would like to enter this little kit, resting in Lou's cooking pot whilst being fostered from Windwhistle Warren earlier this year. Lou is on of our volunteers who couldn't resist taking on Mum and the 6 kits to take some of the burden from Alice, who has consistently had over 90 rabbits in the rescue for some time now. The kits were born on the 10th May after their parents were set free to fend for themselves on a football pitch! Happily, some kind person brought them both to Alice to be cared for. We are not really sure that they will continue to be fosters or whether Lou is going to fail as we have all done from time to time.

Last edited by Lizzie @ Windwhistle on 26 Aug 2017 16:41, edited 2 times in total.
Lizzie @ Windwhistle

Post by Lizzie @ Windwhistle »

I'm really sorry but I cannot upload our picture. Photobucket is asking me for $400!!!!! I can see other folks must have had the same problem!! :(
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Lizzie @ Windwhistle wrote:I'm really sorry but I cannot upload our picture. Photobucket is asking me for $400!!!!! I can see other folks must have had the same problem!! :(
Lizzie I have sent you a PM about the photo problem.
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team will be announcing the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month for September in the next few days or so.
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Thank you for the lovely entries, I hope that the Duchess makes a full recovery :x
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for September and it is Duchess the guinea pig from Warwickshire Rabbit & Guinea Pig SOS see her story and pictures below.

Duchess wins a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy her and the other rabbits and guinea pigs some goodies.

wrgpsos-jo wrote:Poor little Duchess Piggie :(

This poor little lady got caught in between 2 large tom cats - rushed to the vets straight in and her chances were very slim in shock remaining eye flicking and Caroline (the owner of the Warwickshire Rabbit & Guinea Pig SOS) covered in blood.
So stabilised at vets and collected to bring home to do critical care through the night, well she made the first night, so back to vets following day eye removed came out of the op very well and her chances were 50/50 every hour on the hour through the nite with fed and meds, back to vets again and now on a 80% chance she is now eating and drinking and supported with back up fed,
Caroline makes the choice of how far we can go and if we have a possible small chance we will go with it every time, She has a fighting spirit we have never seen in a small guinea.
Caroline had her in a cat bed so her hubby on the sofa and Duchess on the bed only to be woke up with her out of the bed the other night demanding her fed lol,
Her bill is now approx £430 so we are now going to be trying to raise funds for this our thing to watch for now will be any infection that could poss set in, now bear in mind we get a discount so to Jo public this bill would have been larger so Insurance people every time, to the family home her chances would have been to put to sleep.
Imageduchess by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Imageduchess2 by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Imageduchess1 by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for September- Duchess the guinea pig from Warwick Rabbit & Guinea Pig SOS, we are now opening up this thread for entries for the October Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our 21 Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 30th September to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the 21 Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Only one entry per Rescue please.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of October and will win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy greens, herbs, supplies etc for the winner and the other animals at their Rescue :)

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
wrgpsos-jo

Post by wrgpsos-jo »

Warwickshire Rabbit & Guinea Pig SOS would like to enter Rosie & Bertie for Rescue rabbit of the month!
Rosie & Bertie have been at the rescue for some time now and have been overlooked each time :-(
A beautiful bonded pair who love their treats and will come to call at the slightest hint of treats being available :))
We are really hoping that this pair finally find their new home and family in time for Christmas xx
Attachments
bertie & Rosie1.jpg
bertie & Rosie1.jpg (163.18 KiB) Viewed 625 times
bertie & Rosie.jpg
bertie & Rosie.jpg (140.47 KiB) Viewed 625 times