Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
MariasAnimalShelter

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by MariasAnimalShelter »

15774905_1198132243603256_3497038976110530965_o.jpg
15774905_1198132243603256_3497038976110530965_o.jpg (106.81 KiB) Viewed 561 times
I would like to enter Troy for the rabbit of the month.
Troy came in quite thin and although nervous in the beginning, is now loving life with us. He was brought into the shelter via the RSPCA. He had to be removed from his previous home as he was being neglected on some occasions by his owner. The owner had bi-polar.On her good days Troy would be cared for, although his accommodation was small but when the owner was having a bad day then Troy would not receive any food, water or any attention. He has now put on weight and races up to his gate when he sees us walking up to him. Such a friendly, loving boy. :)
Hunnybunny2007

Post by Hunnybunny2007 »

Could our rescues please take a look at this please :) http://www.pledgeapound.net/forum/viewt ... f=4&t=6666

A beautiful bunny called Bobble has recently passed away and Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month has been given a donation in Bobbles memory :)
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

sdf76 wrote:Pleased to hear Oscar is recovering from his abcess removal op. Interesting to see photos of the actual op and glad you have an experienced vet who was willing to operate on an elderly bunny. Will the corneal ulcer always need treatment?
sue :)
He will aways need eye lubricant to keep eye moistened as we think severe dry eye was the cause of the bleeding. He's on Remend corneal eye repair 3 -4 times daily for life. His ulcer has about 99% gone now :) He's doing good really well in himself after his operation. Haven't seen him this bright in a long time :)
Here is a picture of his eye ulcer before it got better
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Southampton Rescue wrote:
sdf76 wrote:Pleased to hear Oscar is recovering from his abcess removal op. Interesting to see photos of the actual op and glad you have an experienced vet who was willing to operate on an elderly bunny. Will the corneal ulcer always need treatment?
sue :)
He will aways need eye lubricant to keep eye moistened as we think severe dry eye was the cause of the bleeding. He's on Remend corneal eye repair 3 -4 times daily for life. His ulcer has about 99% gone now :) He's doing good really well in himself after his operation. Haven't seen him this bright in a long time :)
Aw poor lad- glad Oscar is brighter now- do post a pic of his eye in Stories and photos when healed? ( I don't want to hijack this thread)
sue x
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
bb mommy

Post by bb mommy »

We would like to nominate Merry for March Rabbit of the Month.

Merry arrived just before Christmas, and within a short space of time we knew he was never going to live up to his name :))

Some would say he has a "challenging" personality. Some might say he's aggressive. We say he's gorgeous :x

His previous owner didn't mention his traits. Maybe she thought it would put us off.
What she didn't know was that we love a fiesty bun, and we've had quite a few over the years.

Merry really is a strop monster, but has the most endearing face and mannerisms.

We originally tried bonding him to Chicory who had recently been bereaved. They were so loved up for about ten days, when all hell let loose and the fur flew. Sadly that bond ended there and then, and Chicory was happily bonded with another lad, and they are happily bonded now.

Merry had to spend a few weeks alone whilst we tried to find a suitable partner for him, so he had the run of the indoor stables, and boy did he run the roost, chasing volunteers, pouncing on the hay bags and boxing anyone who thought he'd like a head rub.

Recently we had a lone little girl admitted and last week we started to cautiously bond her with Merry.

He seems rather smitten with her, and I tried to get a photo of them together, but you can see the glint in his eye in the photo. After he launched at me (no doubt warding me off his new woman) I left them in peace, but hope to post an update pic for you if the bond continues well.

Sadly many rabbits are handed in to rescues with aggressive behaviour.

We know that with time, the right care, accommodation, diet and lifestyle and Merry will soon be living up to his name :-)

Hopper Haven Sanctuary www.hopperhaven.org.uk
bunnymadhouse

Post by bunnymadhouse »

I would like to nominate Bailey please

He arrived via the rspca at around 10 weeks old . He had headtilt and had received no treatment for it . He was being fed dog food .

He has had 28 days of panacur and is doing well .

His head is much straighter now . Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

Thank you to all the Rescues who have entered the Rescue Rabbit of the month for March. Still 1 more day left for entries.
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
tabithakat64

Post by tabithakat64 »

:( forgot to enter
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

tabithakat64 wrote::( forgot to enter
Never mind although you are too late for March's Rescue Rabbit or Guinea Pig of the month, you can now enter for April antime during March ;)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
chloaster

Post by chloaster »

Such gorgeous buns. Glad they are in safe hands now! x