Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Binky time, chat about bunnies and their ways.
Bowbunny

Re: Rescue rabbit or guinea pig of the month

Post by Bowbunny »

Omg how beautiful [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES] born on my birthday. Xxx

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team are deciding upon the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for February and will be announcing the winner as soon as we can :)
Imagenew sig by Sue Gibson, on Flickr
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Good luck to all of the entrants for this month- all deserving cases.
sue :)
Coco my 13yr old (bridge) bunny
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

The Pledge a Pound Team have now chosen the winner of the Rescue Rabbit of the month for February and it is:-

Dory - From RSPCA Walsall

Here she is

She wins a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy her and the other bunnies some goodies :) :)

Bowbunny

Post by Bowbunny »

Congratulations xx she is beautiful

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Congratulations to baby Dory and her babies. I hope now she is with you she can have some restful time to enjoy her babies till she is more fully grown.
Becky

Post by Becky »

Oh wow, fantastic news! Dory is doing really well, her babies are now 3 weeks old. Sadly one of the babies passed away yesterday, he was much slower at opening his eyes compared to the other 4 babies, he was very different to them :( Dory is such a fantastic mum, although I am sure she will be pleased these are her last litter of babies before we spay her :) I'm sure Dory will enjoy spending her voucher at the supermarket, we will share photos once she's been shopping. Thank you PaP and all the team xx
Foofy

Post by Foofy »

As we have now announced the winner of the Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the month for February - Dory from RSPCA Walsall, we are now opening up this thread for entries for the March Rescue Rabbit/Guinea Pig of the Month.

All our 21 Rescues are welcome to enter, even if you have won before. Your entry must include the animal/s story and at least 1 photo (but more is good), you have until midnight on 28th February to get your entries in here. Entries can only be accepted from the 21 Rescues/Sanctuaries that Pledge a Pound supports, and must be placed as a reply to this thread.

Your entry can be a single rabbit or guinea pig, or it can be a pair or group that live together.

The winner will be chosen by the Pledge a Pound Team at the beginning of March and will win a £20.00 supermarket gift card for the Rescue to buy greens, herbs, supplies etc for the winner and the other animals at their Rescue :)

If anyone needs help uploading photos to the forum please let me know.
Southampton Rescue

Post by Southampton Rescue »

We would like to enter Oscar into the Rescue Rabbit of the Month for March.

Oscar is 9 years old and he's a chocolate & white mini lop. He came to the Centre from a breeder when he was no longer required :(
He came in with a small abscess which up until now has remained static. We've been treating him for the past 2 months for a corneal ulcer which bled into his eye. He nearly lost it!! Then the abscess tripled in size over a weekend. Vets feel his immune system was compromised and so the abscess took hold and grew.. So very recently he had to have an operation to remove the abscess.

Oscar is one of the permanent sanctuary animals at the Rescue and he lives in the hospital building with all the other permanent residents.

Here he is after his operation
sdf76

Post by sdf76 »

Pleased to hear Oscar is recovering from his abcess removal op. Interesting to see photos of the actual op and glad you have an experienced vet who was willing to operate on an elderly bunny. Will the corneal ulcer always need treatment?